Swing Discussion Boards > what ever happened to...

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by luvthatlindy, Mar 20, 2004.

1. luvthatlindy

luvthatlindy New Member

the Flyin' Lindy Hoppers? Monsters of Swing was always fun (I knew you looked familiar Damon.)

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I don't know!! What happened to them? :shock: 8)

3. d nice

d nice New Member

Thats me... who are you?

Terry and Tammy are still in Ventura and still teaching as far as I know, but I think they have been focusing more on their other professional persuits than lindy hop.

4. luvthatlindy

luvthatlindy New Member

You wouldn't know me personally. I just remember seeing you in the comps at Monsters. I'm one of the small number of (current) black, female lindy hoppers.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Black female? Sounds good to me. I'm a ballroom person, but no matter where you go, we're in short supply. Do you travel for dance training? If so, there's a lindy exchange here (Orlando, FL) in October. You're welcome to stay at my place. 8) :D

6. lindy jihad

lindy jihad New Member

in the 6 moths i have been living here in ventura, i have heard nothing about lindy hop in the area. odd.

7. luvthatlindy

luvthatlindy New Member

pygmalion- I'm trying to travel more often. What part of Floridado you live? I definitely would like to check your dance scence. I'll try to take you up on that offer at a later date. Can you give me any more info about the lindy exchange? I don't do ballroom, but I wouldn't mind learning.

lindy jihad- Are you a lindy hopper? Where did you move from? I'm not certain about the scene in Ventura now. Damon might know.

8. bgirlswinger

bgirlswinger New Member

hey i am a "black female lindy hopper" too.
    small world.
    I live in Jacksonville florida.
    we have dances here all through out he month. set dances every friday and dances. and omnthly big band dance and a wicked jazz club in town named eclate. if your ever here you should check it out. I am one of the contacts for this area. Ialso post on other forums abotu whats goign on here. Ihaven't been on this one in a while becasue I have been busy.

orlando has a great scene with dances every friday and the 1st,2nd adn 3rd saturdays of the month. there are also dances and lindy bombs that take palce through out the week,. they have an events and scheduel on these 2 web sites. www.orlandoswing.com and www.swingbearblue.com

gainsville(uf-university of florida)
    has a workshop thisweekend and also weekly dances you can contact marcie at milkandcookiesaregood@hotmail.com for info abotu events out there.

9. pygmalion

Lindy bombing? In Orlando? Where?

Lindy I know abuot. But bombing? Huh?

10. bgirlswinger

bgirlswinger New Member

ORLX: FRESH SQUEEZED LINDY

Orlando Lindy Exchange is October 1st-4th 2004
    Most of the bands are aset and venues are almost set
    everythign is underway.
    thereis a website www.orlx.com
    but nothing is on it yet. bookmark it guys and stay tuned for info.

-amber d.

11. pygmalion

Dance Orlando, baby! That's where I'm from.

12. bgirlswinger

bgirlswinger New Member

pygmalion go to www.swingbearblue.com and then the calender it will show ehere they are planningto bomb,. .they often do city jazz at universal board walk and atlantic dance. There was a lindy boom at city jazz last night. the dance orlando dances are 1st and 3rd saturday of each month.

-amber d.

13. bgirlswinger

bgirlswinger New Member

the next "bombs" are this thursday and next thurday at city jazz i notlando off ot he the universal city walk

14. pygmalion

Yay! I have annual passes. LOL.

15. luvthatlindy

luvthatlindy New Member

Thanks for all the info! Have fun Lindy bombing!

16. pygmalion

I like Atlantic Dance. On Disney property, so it's all good clean family oriented fun. And decent dancing, with a huge dance floor. You can't beat that.