General Dance Discussion > What has been your biggest problem in your dance career?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by ChoreoByShate, Jun 3, 2016.

1. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

^ I feel you. Some of us are now resorting to seriously considering a distance pro smooth partnership - wrong style, wrong location, wrong category - just to dance.

I often wonder why it has to be this hard.

2. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

No potential Pro Standard partner if you decide to turn pro?

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Smooth ...... wrong style?? Helllllll naaawwwww. Smooth rules :p:p:D:eek:

RiseNFall likes this.
  4. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

You could be a great smooth dancer! Your long arms and tall stature would be a huge asset!!

And I totally feel you. I live in one of the 5 most populous metro areas in the US, and I'm still in a long-distance partnership with a young woman from the next major metro over because there were no partner prospects in my city.

5. FancyFeet

That is the popular opinion... but I love standard! Thinking about a trial partnership where I stay am to see if I could learn to at least really enjoy smooth.

6. FancyFeet

Not really - not over 6' and available anyway. And I'm really, really not sure I want to go pro. At least, not yet.

7. Mr 4 styles

Nick and Victoria do both. Just sayin

Rhythmdancer and blackswan like this.
  8. blackswan

blackswan Member

Didn't Slawek and Marzena cross over Standard to Smooth? Standard is gorgeous, but at its best (imo) Smooth should have all the technique plus more opportunity for creative expression - why not give it a try? :)

RiseNFall likes this.
  9. Mr 4 styles

Yes they did at Toni's behest. Thank goodness they listened agree totally. All the technique but more artistry. But no Quickstep waaaaahhh

blackswan likes this.
  10. FancyFeet

Yeah, he's latin... smooth is a compromise for both of us. His standard is... not strong (kind of like my latin). And working in a distance partnership, being successful in one style - which is not a primary for either of us - will be hard enough.

blackswan likes this.
  11. blackswan

blackswan Member

YES, Quickstep is why I must dance Standard at some point!

danceronice and Mr 4 styles like this.
  12. Mr 4 styles

Soooooo fun:):):)