Salsa > What I learned this weekend ...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by mellody43, May 24, 2004.

1. Sakura

Sakura New Member

I think I know what I did wrong; I forgot my order of operations and just did it in a straight line... Let's check!

44-22+18-10*2+40-69=

44-22=22

22+18= 40

40-(10x2)=20

20+40=60

60-69=-9...

Ah, ha! See, you were right! *grins* See, Sagitta, this is what happens when Finals week goes on and you're trying to *FORGET* that your Alg. II Final is tomorow.... =>_<= :lol: :lol:

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

And thus to the Dance Forums make their first step (forward???) as a tool for finals prep! :shock:

3. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

calculated it in my head and got that figure too....hmmmm....strange things are happening here. :twisted: How old IS everyone here anyway?? :D

4. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Let's see if I can figure this out, this is a bit tricky but I suspected no less from our dear friend Sabor. :D

Here's my guess from his original age quote:

44-22+18-10*2+40-69

So, as SK noted, 44-22 = 22 + 18 + 40

Now here's the weird part:

40-10*2 +40-69 = ?

So, we do the other half first:

10*2 = 20 +40 = 60 -69 = -9

40 + -9 = 31

Sabor, su tengas trienta y uno anos? Es verdad que no? :wink:

SG

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Umm, if SG is right the important ooo, as pointed out by SK, has been ignored...

6. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

I just noticed this thread :lol:

I wear jeans often...havent had any sweat problem yet, I dont find them hard to move in at all.
    In fact most of the "younger" (and by that I mean the 16-30) age group wear them too.

7. Sakura

Sakura New Member

=>_<=/ :lol: :lol: :lol: (I'm stuck between going, "Moouuuuuu! Don't make fun of me!!" and the thought of my trying to study for an Alg. II final with the entirety of DF -- which would probably lead to trying to find the varying circumfrences of the big, slow spins we followers can be taken into or the small, tight, fast ones! =^___^= I can actually see it all now! And the angle of a woman in the middle of a dip! :lol: :lol: I'm gonna have *FUN* on my final tomorrow! Thanks SD! *hugs*)

JS, I'm 15 1/2, which leads to why everyone here calls me "little one" and warns the alcohol away from me! *purrs* It's good to have people look out for you! (Of course, there was also the thing about me most definitely growing up to be a "heartbreaker" from SD, Sabor, and Genesius, but that was on another post! :roll: They're *sooooo* mean to me! :twisted: :lol: :roll: )

On the math bit, SG, I did *exactly* what you did the first time I went through it (sans the really confusing set up), I multiplied what I'd gotten so far to the left of the *2, by that particular 2, and then kept going. But you have to do the -10*2 to get (-20), and then put that back into your equation.

Ja ne (Later!) !!!

8. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

I wear jeans quite regularly to class and sometimes my dressier black jeans to the parties. I have no problem with them at all, but then I don't wear jeans that look like they have been painted on! Don't think I could move in something that I can't sit down in! :shock:

9. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:lol: :lol: Well, at least walking isn't hard; but you're exactly right! The matter of sitting down becomes a question about as big as "What is the Meaning of Life?" Both are nearly impossible to figure out! :lol: :twisted:

10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I think the last time I wore jeans(*sigh*, life in Japan) was when I realized how ugly those bruises were getting on my legs. At some people's house(but not mine) & a lot of time at restaurants, you sit on the floor with your legs tucked under you. I would get bruise marks between the hip & leg area. Yes, I prefer tight-fitting jeans. But OUCH! :cry:

11. Sabor

Sabor New Member

reference to the age issue.. err.. :wink: :twisted: :lol:

12. Sakura

Sakura New Member

*laughs quietly at the "*sigh*, life in Japan"* That's in the kneeling position, right? :? That's hard to keep up; I tend to sit like that quite a lot, that is, until my ankles decide to go, " :shock: :evil: :shock: Get off of us!!!!!!!!" :D :roll:

13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

The weight of the denim and whether or not they're stretchy may make a difference. My summer weight, Gloria Vanderbilt stretch denim jeans are a lot more comfy than my winter weight Levis. I find both too hot for a lot of dancing, but to each his/her own.

14. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

Good point. I'm sure baggy jeans would have been better -- less cling. LOL!

BTW I cannot believe this thread reached 4 pages. hee.

Melissa

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yup. One thing I've learned is that it's impossible for me to tell up front how long a thread is going to get. Sometimes, what I thought was a great idea for a thread gets no response. Sometimes, what I thought was a throwaway topic gets tons of response. Or, in a case like this, a thread will just strike a responsive chord with a lot of people. I think we've all been there with the sweat dripping while we were trying to dance in jeans.

16. tj

tj New Member

Talking about baggy jeans - the Mayan (in LA) turned back a gal trying to get in while wearing them.

17. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

I usually wear jeans out about twice a month, haven't had an issue with them while dancing yet. Every once and a while it's just nice to not have to get all dressed up :)

18. tj

tj New Member

Yeah, but you have to admit that you still look sharp, R, regardless of whether you're wearing jeans or not!

Take it easy on the ladies this weekend! :twisted:

19. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

8) Thanks man, I try to always look good. Take it easy on the ladies!? It's Congress I can't make that promise!! :lol: :lol:

20. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Can you at least be nice to them?!?! :wink: