Salsa > What I learned this weekend ...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by mellody43, May 24, 2004.

1. tj

tj New Member

Psst.... hey Sakura kitty, Mr. Sassy Hips is very nice to the ladies. That's why he's so popular!

2. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Thanks man!

3. tj

tj New Member

Just calling 'em like I see 'em!

4. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Ah! If I'm understanding this, I can wear jeans, but just not tight ones. Ok. Well...thankfully I don't own any tight ones. So maybe it's ok to wear jeans when dancing after all...hmmm. Maybe I'll just try it and see.

And I hope the air conditioning is working just in case. :)

5. DiAnAoN1

DiAnAoN1 New Member

I wore jeans a couple of times but I feel more comftorable in pants and jeans than in skirts even though the flowing motion of skirts look beautiful when your spinning

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Actually it is a very interesting thing to see. Lots of follows who start dancing salsa actually switch from jeans to skirts/dresses. :)

7. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll try jeans, but I won't be switching to skirts and dresses :)

8. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mr. Sassy Hips!!! :twisted: =^_~=

Well, I'm sure he'd have to be if he wanted any follows to come dance with him!

I don't wear skirts or dresses all that much, I *REALLY* like my pants *MUCH* better, but if one were to give me a good set of leggings or something, I *might* wear a skirt on a special occasion! (Just so long as I have something to cover my legs, really... :? I have bad skin there; sorta like acne, only because my face was/is spared from it, Murphy decided he'd put it on my legs instead; so I have scaly skin. :evil: Ah, well, so long as I'm wearing something to cover them, I have nice legs otherwise! :twisted: *sticks her tongue out* This is another, "You didn't need to know that, but I filled you in anyways!" bulletin from Sakura Kitty!)

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

9. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

I will mainly wear pants / jeans to class, and sometimes wear a skirt to the parties. For me it is comfort and not all my skirts are "danceable". I feel more free to move how I want to move in pants.

10. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

I wear tight jeans cause they cut down on 'wind-resistance' when I'm dancing...especially with the spins 8) but not skin tight ones cause I'm really really slim and don't really see the need to emphasize that fact! :wink: (but then guys like dancing with me because of my size so...who am I to complain :D )

@sagitta: I haven't switch to dresses/skirts yet and I have been doing this for three years now :lol: :p

@sakura: I agree I only wear dresses/skirts on 'special ocassions' or when I feel like that (which aint that often anyway :lol: ). People at the club have gotten so used to seeing me in jeans that when I dress up I get alot of 'stares' soooo uncomfortable!! :lol: and I LIKE comfortable..SO back to jeans :lol: but if I come your side (hopefully that will be in December of this year - New York)...I'll make the 'sacrifice' :roll: and dress up for a night of salsa :lol:

11. Sakura

Sakura New Member

I know that feeling soooooo well!!! :lol: :D Normally, I'm strictly in pants, so when someone catches me in a skirt or my *ONE* dress (Sooooo pretty! I got it down in FL; it's a dress that *MAKES* you want to wear a dress; and for *me*, that's saying something *BIG*!!!!!!), everyone's like, " :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: My, *GOD,* Cat, you're wearing a... A... A skirt/dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *laughs* It's good to be people like me!

Of course, I think getting funny looks is fun, 'cause then I get to wave back with a huge smile and go, "Hi!!!!! *wave, wave*" It's much in the fun of -ness. =^_~=

Well, you won't run into me in New York, but you'll run into many other DFites, so have a *ton* of fun with that, and go do a Salsa for me, kay?!

*hugs*

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Definitely be comfortable. I would rather you be comfortable. People just staring at you because you look so good...you know what I mean. And not everyone does this, but just as in ballroom I notice people changing their dress and habits due to dance.

13. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Sagitta, you flatter us! :wink: 8) Some skirts can be comfy I guess, "skorts," rather (the ones with shorts under them!)! I cheat, I know! :twisted:

14. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

and again the age old question is asked:

WHEN ARE YOU GUYS COMING TO VISIT US HERE IN JAMAICA!! :lol: :lol: 8) :p

I dress up when salsa night falls on or near my birthday and since that's once a year :lol: ....I also dress up on certain ocassions or if the mood hits.....skorts are cool sakura :wink: that's a good idea...I should try that sometime 8)

@sagitta: thanks for the compliment and yes...being comfortable is definately a good thing! :lol:

15. Sakura

Sakura New Member

WHEN I GET THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm a poor high school kid whose money goes to dance! *cute "pity me, pity me!" look* :roll:

:nod nod: They most certainly are; I can move around with my normal tomboy-ish grace (It only goes away on the dance floor! *laughs* I have to keep it around for when I'm strutting like I own the world {and I DO! :twisted: :twisted: } and when I'm on the shooting range!!! :D :D :banana: I may be getting to go shooting and dancing on Tuesday!!!! :banana: :banana: Two of the greatest things in the world all in one day! And it'll be with my cool Aunt Tacy!!!! I'm soooo happy! .22 Rifles, here I come again! :wink: :D ) and I don't have to worry about anybody seeing anything they shouldn't! :shock: :oops: :shock: :wink:

" -'That's a good idear, O Lord!'
    --'COURSE IT'S A GOOD IDEAR!'" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: More proof that I own All....!

16. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmm :roll: shoots rifles.....likes snakes...is a tomboy....is there something you aren't telling us Sakura?? :wink: 8)

17. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:shock: :shock: *Moi?!?!* Not telling my DF buddies something?! Non!!!! :lol: But, what might this thing that I'm not telling you be, at your implications, JS??

18. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

aahhhh :roll: .....that you're as die hard a tomboy (minus the snakes and gun) as I was once!!! :roll: ......that you're making me re-live my childhood......aaaaand :roll: I wish I could go back to those care-free days 8) :lol:

19. Sakura

Sakura New Member

*laughs and runs her hand through her hair* Heh, heh; the snakes and guns tend to get people! :twisted: :wink: 8)

Re-living childhood is all well and good, but who says we have to leave it behind! Just because your body decides to get older doesn't mean you have to! I keep the care-free days with me! (Unless of course, there's a huge project due the next day and I've done almost no work on it... :roll: :oops: Go figure.) :D :wink:

20. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

@Sakura! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh beleive me I am not letting go of my child hood...this isn't going to be another Michael Jackson case of *singing* have you seen my childhooooooood. :lol:

besides Sakura....have you seen my pix in the photo album here.....try and guess how old I am 8) 8)