General Dance Discussion > What is the proper steps for a 2-step?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by budmelton, Sep 22, 2003.

1. budmelton

budmelton New Member

I was raised in the bayou country and I dance with what my mama gave me. However, ma moves have been frowned upon by some "urbane cowboys" :evil: that think being an accountant qualifies them to wear boots and a hat. Anyway, my women like the way I move but I want more education.

Can someone help me please?

In advance, many thanks, Cheri' :eek:

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Hi budmelton! Welcome to the forums :D

Just for clarification's sake, you're asking about country 2-step and not nightclub 2-step, correct? If so I'm not the one to answer you but I’m sure someone else here will have some information for you...

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums, budmelton! :D

I also am going to defer this to our resident C&W dance experts, but would like to ask one more question for clarification -- if you mean country two-step, do you mean Texas two-step, which basically travels in a pretty quick-moving circle around the circumference of the dance floor? Apparently, there are a couple variations.

Also
    I've gotta say I respect that! :D

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I'm a waitin' fur his reeply!

I may be able to halp 'im.

Just kidding bud . . . and welcome! I compete in 2 Step if this IS where you go!

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Welcome to the best dance forum on line budmelton. :D

I can give you info here, but not sure if you're talking about CW 2 step or the nightclub 2 step which is also done a lot in CW.

6. pygmalion

Yes, spitfire.

That's why I tried to give a description of one version of two-step. Because, at least in the C&W clubs I go to, both are done. So both could be called C&W two-step.

7. pygmalion

Okay, budmelton, you may not be back, but I hate unanswered questions, so here goes. Two links, which desribe the two dances. Take your pick, bearing in mind that C&W dances allow a lot of freedom in you own styling. So the basic described here and the dance that you do or see done may look very different, depending on the liberties you take.

Nightclub two-step is described here: http://www.ibiblio.org/schools/rls/dances/schwimmer_buddy/nightclub_two_step.html

Texas two-step is described here: http://www.allsands.com/HowTo/twostepdances_wjf_gn.htm

All the best, and enjoy the dancing!:)

Jenn

8. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

Arizona two step? :?

9. pygmalion

Okay (said reluctantly) I'll try to google it. :lol:

10. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Of course!! I wonder if you have some sort of Google Theme Song or Ode to the Google you use when you decide to use the mighty device

11. pygmalion

That's a good point. All the best superheroes have a theme song! :lol:

No luck with steps for the Arizona two-step yet, though. The closest I got was a listing of it as a required dance at one particular country dance competition. I'm sure it's there somewhere. It's just a matter of how you structure your search. :D

12. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Perhaps this refers to the forward - forward, side-together, side-together variation. :?:

13. pygmalion

All I found was a reference to Arizona two step versus "progessive" two-step, which I'm pretty sure referred to Texas, since Texas two-step does "progress" around the floor. Have computer, will google! :lol:

14. pygmalion

15. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I'm still waiting to see if he's serious. He hasn't come back yet!

16. pygmalion

He's probably out using what his mama gave him! :lol: Good for him. :D Whether he needs it or not, it's kind of cool to have a little info about all the two-step dances and where they came from. :D

17. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

yessim