Tango Argentino > What is ur opinion about this song ?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by FluffyTango, Sep 29, 2012.

1. FluffyTango

FluffyTango New Member

How would u rate this song? is it good for a choreography? For argentine tango ?

Edvin Marton - Tango

2. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

The intro is too long, the castanets at the beginning tell me we are in for something that is most likely some sort of non traditional treatment, etc. Didn't have the patience to listen to more than a minute or so.
    It would probably fit right in on DWTS or SYTYCD as an "Argentine Tango." (but you know what THAT means?)

3. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

I would rather use it to add sound to a film. The piece would not inspire me for social dancing. More or less it may work for a show performance, but I wonder that you already find yourself experienced enough to fill this erratic piece. For a competitions it also would be completely unsuitable. It made me wonder why Edvin Marton named it "tango" at all: almost everything was mixed into it: andalusian riffs, allusions of french chansons, klezmer violin, hip hop, and rai.. , but no tango at all! And sorry Fluffy, somehow I feel sorry for his Stradivari.

I would recommend this piece: also sparsely tango in it but much easier to interpret

You´ve got an morbid sense of humor to day...

4. AndaBien

AndaBien Well-Known Member

You've been spare in revealing what exactly you are trying to achieve. All I know is that you are doing a tango exhibition with your instructor. I'm not clear what type of tango it is, or what venue you'll be in. Since you are dancing with your instructor, I might assume it's a ballroom setting. (Nothing wrong with ballroom, but it's different from AT. Will you be at a milonga?) You've mentioned choreography, so I guess your dance will be choreographed.

Just saying, it's difficult to give you good recommendations without knowing better what you're trying to do.

5. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

Nice piece, but it is not Argentine tango. Very long... 5 min is a helluvalot of choreography. I see it more as a group number of a professional ballet company rather than a single Argentine tango couple.