General Dance Discussion > What is your current romantic relationship status?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by rumblefish, Oct 6, 2008.

?

What are your current romantic relationship(s), if any, and with whom?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2008.
  1. I'm currently not in a romantic/sexual relationship.

29 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. I'm married and we met through dance community.

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. I'm married but we did not meet through dance community.

14 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. I have a BF or GF or SO and we met through dance community.

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. I have a BF or GF or SO but we did not meet through dance community.

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  6. I now have multiple romantic/sexual partners and I met all through dance community.

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. I now have multiple romantic/sexual partners but did not meet all through dance community.

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. I now have multiple romantic/sexual partners and did not meet any through dance community.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Blech! What is it with dancers and cosmos? :p Mojitos rule! ;)

2. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

What is it with people who want to dilute their drinks?

3. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Scotch drinker by the avatar, I'd wager.

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

scotch on rocks is a fave drink for me when i go out dancing and want something to nurse all night...

5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Don't put ice in scotch. :(

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i luv ice. especially when i'm dancing... my mouth is hot enuf to bring out the flavors of scotch, thankyouverymuch:rolleyes:

i'll save neat scotch for the next time i sit fireside in my smoking jacket...heh.

7. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Scotch is good, but it's mainly tequila (I had been Mexican by marriage for 28 years) and Obstler (worked in Germany a couple summers 35 years ago where I developed a taste for German Schnapps -- which is not that sweet junk -- ; it took more than 30 years, but they finally started importing Obstler about a year ago and now it's starting to become scarce again).

8. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

:) I tend to agree...but even the distilleries in Scotland (Edradour, being my personal fave..a blend is now avail in the states now too!!) say a little H2O will open the flavors and bouquet... I add a little water, but no ice.

In the end, as with everything else, it's all a matter of personal taste. ;)

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

never had obstler. but i think my sentiment RE tequila is already well-established.

10. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Yep kat, I put just enough water in so that the alcohol doesn't overpower the tastes of peat, smoke, oak, whatever. But ice numbs the taste buds.

Course, vodka I drink ice cold with an olive. :)

11. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Kirschwasser is a similar Schnapps, only made with cherries (Kirschen) than with fruit (Obst, specifically apples and pears). Obstler is also known (ie, varies regionally) as Obstwasser, Obstwässerli (Schwäbisch), Obstbranntwein, etc. Kirschwasser is more readily available in this country and is included in the "minis tray" at BevMo.

They're rather similar to tequila blanco (AKA "silver"), but with different aromatics.

12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

So I haven't looked at this thread for a while; I come back and find that in a thread that's supposed to be about sex, everyone is talking about alcohol. Is that an indication of something? :nope:

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

sounds nice, would be intersted to try. i'm more inclined toward the darker tastes, however, which is why i like scotch and dark tequila. cherry goes well with my fave tequila, BTW...i generally keep organic cherry juice on hand for that.

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

one being a portal to the other???:cool:

15. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

or, drinking b/c you aren't getting any? :p

16. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Yep, out of frustration. ;-)

17. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

There are lots of reasons to drink. That being among the least of them.

18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Most things that cause men to drink involve women in some way. :)

19. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

My mouth must be past its sell by date as I can't bring myself to drink tequila. Throw me a Long island iced tea (new flavour of the month :) )

edit: hang on LIIT has tequlia in it. I'll just go and bang my head on that wall over there :lol:

20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

true of vampires too, aparently
    same outcome....