Funstuff and Inspiration > What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Dancey

Dancey Member

Hubby made some homemade bone broth in the slow cooker, it was going for 24 hours and he was so looking forward to the finished product. When it was done I told him to use a strainer to get out all the bones and such.

He put the strainer in the sink, dumped the slow cooker out....and watched it all go down the drain. :rofl: I should have specified to put a bowl underneath the strainer, lol!

2. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Headed home to California, before a week long giant rain storm hits Austin, enough that they re releasing water from the dam,,,time to go!!

3. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I found out last night that the studio took it upon themselves to not charge me the "all inclusive" lesson price for some weeks that I didn't manage to take any classes (I had pre-paid both types of lessons, so I didn't know which type they were using). I wasn't going to ask for what seems like a discount--not their problem that I didn't get to the classes. Really kind of sweet of them.... (And not the first time they have declined to take money for something that they could have.)

4. 3wishes

Another business owner, who is also a decades old friend in my husbands business, is retiring after selling her store, to become grandma to 11 year old triplets so she doesn't miss a thing. Asked me to do her retirement cake! So happy she trusts me cause there is going to be a ton of people stopping off to,say goodbye,,, side note: mental brain pathways keep sayin "no pressure here (uhhh) and make sure it doesn't CRACK on the drive down" husband laughs,,,made me smile, yep no pressure.

5. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Tacos. GOOD tacos.

6. 3wishes

Invited by 8year old GD to her first dance recital in Texas. June 12 ballet (she really wants to do hip hop). Will have to hit Brother up for family flight pass.

7. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

Sitting with my mum and her sister. One doing applique, the other knitting. Me? Just sitting, and thinking happy thoughts. We didn't need words:inlove:

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

dtr and son in law found a cute little home...older but well maintained...going to be fun to watch them move in there...and much less stressful than the first one they were bidding on

3wishes likes this.
  9. 3wishes

VW bug purchased for awesome going to be 16 year old granddaughter.
    Her mom, creating a scavenger hunt for her and friends, with car as the "treasure",
    Keep reassuring DD, yes, we will be there before she gets home from school,,, making me laugh, May 11th will be wonderful in Oregon.

fascination likes this.
  10. SwingingAlong

Do Moroccan's taste good?

11. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

Anything tastes good if you put enough ketchup on it.

12. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Or enough belly-dancers around.

GJB likes this.
  13. 3wishes

Received a rather large box, unexpected.
    Open box, five more boxes inside.
    Result: our Adult kids, and their kids got together and had custom garden stones made for me with each grandchild's name on them and the huge garden stone says "NaNa's Garden". Very pretty stones, and the mere thought that this was early Mother's Day as I will be traveling, made me cry, smile, cry some more....and think....the hand that rocks the cradle. DH smiled -looked and said " ok, your happy right?! Not the opposite" yes dear, my soul is smiling.

RiseNFall likes this.
  14. SwingingAlong

Being at home. Looking out the windows and seeing the sea, the mountains, and our dog playing with her ball.
    The last drain comes out today, but best off all, my Aidas arrived and thanks to the shoe threads, they fit perfectly. Can't wait to try them out:)

raindance, Cal and RiseNFall like this.
  15. 3wishes

Headed out to the desert later today to see Sara Evans, DH is totally into this. Hahaha

16. SwingingAlong

Doing my stretching exercises and my arms are both getting closer to vertical.... and I did a short solo waltz practice for the first time since my op. I ran out of breath a bit, but could still do double reverse spin, fallaway, DRS, telemark, 4-6 weave, chasse roll into open impetus without falling over or getting off time. Will wait a bit to try pivots! Glad I didn't video, it probably looked pretty bad. Felt so good to be back!!:dancingbanana:

Cal, raindance and RiseNFall like this.
  17. stash

stash Well-Known Member

My wedding planner at our venue. She is totally a gem and I love her. She is so on top of it and helpful and just amazing. I'm not an overly demanding bride, but I have such bad food allergies, that I know it can be a pain to work with and she's been nothing but on top of it and super helpful about everything. This is one decision that I am completely 100% happy with.

3wishes likes this.
  18. 3wishes

New dress!

19. SwingingAlong

My man knocked a lid off a container of frozen raspberries, so they went all through the freezer. Rather than complaining about the stupid lid, he picks them up, adds a few black currants, cooks into a sauce, walks to the shop and buys cream and trifle sponge, then sits there stuffing himself with a delighted smile on his face. Seeing him happy makes me happy:)

20. SwingingAlong

And another smile for today: doing my arm stretches for the first time without painkillers. Wearing an old cotton shirt (inside out so the seams don't irritate the scars/nerves so much), with fishnets and my new latin shoes.....:rolleyes:

Cal and RiseNFall like this.