Dance Articles > What makes dancers more desirable?

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by Porfirio Landeros, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Vesna

Vesna New Member

This article is inspiring me to go find a victim and tell him how I find him to be very symmetrical, wonder what response I'll get :)

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

welcome to DF vesna

3. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Good idea. I'll try that too. "Hey, you're very... symmetrical. :raisebro:"
    Welcome to DF!

Twilight Elena

4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

He'd probably ask the bartender for a refill *LOL* I gotta try that line.

Welcome aboard!

5. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

He'll probably look extremely confused and ask if this isgoing to involve a "strap-on", a "friend", or both.

6. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

Oh, I'm not putting her down. I used to be that girl (well, pretty enough to get a few dances, anyway). I actually like it that my dance scene is pretty much of meritocracy. Does my heart good to see the guys walk past the pretty young things to ask my 75-year old friend to dance. She's a terrific dancer. And since I'm not getting any younger . . . or prettier . . .

7. Mr. Dance

Mr. Dance New Member

I think that depends on what environment you find yourself asking a guy that particular question :lol:

8. Whirling Dervish

Whirling Dervish New Member

Body language goes a long way to make people desirable in a visual way.

Eye contact is always useful. There's a personal confidence in eye contact, and years of dance lessons can't make one confident even s/he is a great dancer. Show the confidence first.

Straight back, head up (but not too far), shoulders back--don't close yourself off. If you're sitting down at a table, turn your chair slightly out, not facing the table squarely. Hands apart slightly, again so you don't close yourself off.

There is lots written about this stuff, but these were the basic things we told students who wanted to be asked to dance and never were.

9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Being able to dance?

10. Whirling Dervish

Being able to dance???? Lol! Didn't even think of that, Sagitta-good response. :)

I just think aside from being able to dance, there are things about a person that tell others he or she is open to being approached. I couldn't imagine being a good dancer and having many people ask me to dance if I'm sitting with my arms crossed and my back turned to everyone. I guess it could happen if I were really really really good. So I'd better go practice, yeah?

11. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

Might possibly attempt this when I go dancing this weekend.... for research purposes of course ;) ..... I'll be sure to report back with my findings ;) :)

12. Whirling Dervish

So did you give this a try, RIdancer? I'm really curious now.

I've been thinking of trying it myself in different contexts just to see how it works.

13. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about it! I'm such a slacker!:oops:

ok, so I'll make up for it....I'll try it randomly on multiple people for the next month or so and compile and tabulate the results and report back (of course, for entertainment sake, I can always report back w/ the initial findings from the first attempt :) )

hmm..... I could have way too much fun w/ this..... doing research through flirting. sounds like this is right up my alley:D ;)

14. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

:lol:
    Once I got exact that compliment...about my back. But that was at the gym. Anyhow - I was happy about it. Don't know if I would be happy about it at the dancefloor.

/Luc

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

what i wanna know is, who is this guy and where'd he get off to???:cool: