Tango Argentino > What milonga murder did you commit this weekend

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Heather2007, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

I committed the unpardonable yesterday at a milonga. Everything that I have said against (some) leaders on their skills as well as advice metered out to beginner leads took flight out of the world of Akashic tango wisdom. I bumped my follower several times into other couples. (Oh-oh, I feel a giggle stirring - again). Leading my follower into a slow/fast molinete I accidentally loosened the embrace and she almost fell arse over tit. Reason: I took my eye off the ball. That is, the follower and I was now....ouch.....studying the audience. (Baaaadddd). Or rather, the 6ft foot plus, tanned dark-blond beaut with slick back Armani ad side-parting, chiselled jaw in a black suit and black polo-nect sweat that just coolly slid into the milonga with another and stood by the tea-machine cooly surveying the floor. Are you okay? My beginnerish-thus-okayish-in-temperament follower asked. I heard her but my eyes were too busy trying to summon the eyes of my female buddies as they too were dancing. Back to the ball but now the ball was applying a bit of back-leading. I wasn't going anywhere. My follower had me now still in one place as she lead the cunita, hamaca, rocking the horse, wagging the dog or whatever its called. My back now facing the tea machine her eyes are now fixed over my shoulder. She sees what I see I now she isn't going to allow me to lead her anywhere. We rock on the spot right to the end of the track. First track. But she's already thanking me and dashing over to get herself a cup of tea. A party of other women have joined her. And sofa area is now occupied with now contended just sit rather than dance. And watch. My pal rushes over, "Brad Pitt lookalike in the corner, do you see him?" Hmm. "Who?" I reply. :raisebro:

The man by the way was with a party of Americans and natives from Portsmouth on a trip out to London for the day. Portsmouther or American. Don't know. But keep an eye out. Followers - easy. Female leads - be warned.

2. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Hmm I was grappling with a beautiful young filly; all legs ang long hair flowing down to meet them; she needed a bit of breaking in; whilst dancing to 'Oblivion' (Piazzolla's slow piece) every ocho was exactly the same speed- allegro, but two bars from the end she slowed up and softened and her ochos became andante.

Somehow the fact I was heeled twice by another follower right on the side/top of my foot where the shoe isn't didn't even make me miss a beat. Oh the wonder of endorphins.

Whilst I may have glanced at an attractive female whilst dancing, I have never taken my eye off the ball. :)

3. Me

Me New Member

Ha ha! Well I dance with my eyes closed anyway (bad habit, I know) so no trips to the tea machine for me!

4. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Couldn't keep eyes on balls, leads on circles, feet out of mouth...the bartender was such an Oh La La! that even my partner just shook her head in unbelievable acquiessence when I asked if she could blame me.

5. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Ha, ha, ha.

Me: dancing in barefeet with a belly filled with wine and casting shame to winds