Swing Discussion Boards > What swing music are you currently listening too?

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Sagitta, Jan 28, 2005.

1. luh

luh Active Member

count basie - jumping at the woodside.

2. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Just listened to her on Amazon.com....really digging it. I'm going to have to get her CDs now.

3. luh

luh Active Member

django reinhardt - daphne (together with stephane grappelli)
    luh

4. luh

luh Active Member

indigo swing - barron plays the horses

5. Medira

Medira New Member

Ray Charles - Shake Your Tailfeathers

6. luh

luh Active Member

that's a nice one. Just gotta love ray charles

Indigo Swing - Blue Suit Boogie
    luh

7. hepcat

hepcat Member

Paul Anka has a new CD out called Rock Swings. He redoes a bunch of rock/pop songs as swing. Some of them are awesome. You won't believe it. I've had "Black Hole Sun" stuck in my head for days.

You know, I heard a fast big band song at Camp Hollywood that I'd really like to track down (for bal'ing to). Unfortunately, I don't know much about it other than there were two performances/competitions that I heard use that as their song. Every once in awhile in the song, the band members yell out "Rhythm!". Anyone have any idea what the name of that song is and who it's by?

Hepcat

8. luh

luh Active Member

interesting. I'm going to check out amazon again.

Dick Haymes - Oh, look at me now
    luh

9. huey

huey New Member

:roll: No thanks. I've seen them enough to know I don't want to see them again.

10. luh

luh Active Member

listening to reggae right now. the right music to wake up.
    luh (or big deep is nice to wake up too)

11. Dancegal

Dancegal Member

Listening to the local Smooth Jazz station. They play upbeat smooth jazz tunes perfect for WCS.

12. luh

luh Active Member

big deep - ted heath

13. luh

luh Active Member

artie shaw - frenisi

14. luh

luh Active Member

not swing. more like funk. maceo parker, the sax-player of james brown. this guy could rule the world! (just gotta LOVE saxophon!!!!)
    luh

15. penguness

penguness New Member

EIGHT TO THE BAR's new CD, You Call This Swing? Living in the USA..

lol i just won this CD yesterday in a "dance contest" so i am still listening to it like non stop, but i like their previous CD better!

16. huey

huey New Member

17. luh

luh Active Member

eight to the bar? there is a song "beat me daddy eight to the bar" by the andrew sisters. Do you know if they got any connection?

Listening to Maceo Parker - Mercy Mercy Mercy - just great! just horns and drums. Nothing else. :rocker:
    luh

18. penguness

penguness New Member

From the bands website
    Ha ha ha! Very cool! I knew it had somthign to do with music, but I didn't know about that song! Now i must go on a quest to find it!!!!!! Thank you for providing a learning experience for me tonight!!!!

No music right now, the entier house is asleep and i can't find my headphones so i am musicless!

19. luh

luh Active Member

nice that there is always something you haven't known :D That's for what this forum is good.
    what is the official site of the band?

listening to mgbb - Psychoflute
    luh

20. penguness

penguness New Member

http://www.eighttothebar.com/

My Boogie Woogie Hand By 8tothe bar is stuck in my head so i am singing it, but no music at all right now beacuse my friend is borrowing all my cds to make some random CDs so we don't have to think so much while we are DJing dances just put in a cd, which is allready all mixed up and let it play!