What type of dog are you?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by TemptressToo, Mar 30, 2005.

1. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

2. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

irish setter here
  3. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I'm a King Charles Spaniel - nice long fluffy fur, but not that cute! :?
    The dog, I mean.
  4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Are you kidding, my CKCS is the epitome of cute!
    [​IMG]

I am a Fox Terrier, by the way.
  5. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

I'm curious... based on seeing a lot of them around, is there a real trend for "portable" dogs amongst dancers, or does it just look that way because no one brings their Irish wolfound to the studio?
  6. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

ACK! I knew I shouldn't have said that!!

The dog they showed me on the website had a very smashed face,
    like a Pekeinese.

YOUR doggie is VERY cute!!

:oops: :doh:

:kissme: Kisses, cute wittle doggie!

Will you ever forgive me, Larinda?
  7. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

chachachacat, you must be a very gentle loving person to be honored with the distinguished title of King Charles Spaniel! I could never think bad of you!

Chris, once you get in the "doggie club" at the competitions you start to realize that almost everyone brings their dogs! Most of them stay hidden in the rooms though!
  8. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

I'm an Italian Greyhound. I think they're very pretty, but a little too fragile--I'd be afraid I'd hurt it if I played with it.

I didn't get to be a Giant Schnauzer! :( And I was always told that my dog looks like me...and I always responded that it's definitely a compliment, but I'm not sure if it was for me or for the dog... :lol:
  9. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Lakeland Terrier... :)

My students call me "pittbull"... :)
  10. GalacticDancer44M

GalacticDancer44M New Member

11. 10Dancer

10Dancer New Member

Lakeland Terrier also. wonder what I would look like with that beard??? :D
  12. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

A musical pooch...

[​IMG]
  13. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Kooikerhondje

Now that's a mouthfull.

edit: that's not a kooikerhondje as my avatar, it's a west highland white terrier, i owned one growing up and think it's funny that i know consider myself a westie due to WCS.
  14. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Czesky Terrier????
  15. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

nova scotia duck tolling retriever..........never heard of it.
  16. tj

tj New Member

Appenzeller Sennenhund (Appenzell Mountain Dog)

Origins:
    Switzerland. One of the four Swiss Mtn Dogs, it is a descendent of the Mossus breeds stock that travelled with Caesar's legions to guard stock and encampments. It was used extensively as a herding dog and to haul carts of produce to market.

Personality:
    Tough, sober, brave, intelligent, and lively, the Appenzell usually gets along well with other dogs and is loyal to the whole family but tends to bond closely with one person. The Appenzell is a noisy, extroverted dog that loves the freedom of open spaces and thus is not adapted to living indoors.

(Does this mean I'm in the doghouse again?)
  17. cookie

cookie New Member

I'm a Standard Schnauzer..... hmm and large facial hair is SO attractive in a a salsera [​IMG][/img]
  18. dTas

dTas New Member

IBIZAN HOUND

Origins
    Spain. This breed has been knows on the island of Ibiza for more than 3,000 years where i has been bred pure for centuries. Like the Pharaoh Hound, it is a descendant of the hunting dogs kept by the ancient Egyptians. Brought to Balearic Isles by Phoenician and Carthaginian immigrants, this breed still strongly resembles their ancestors depicted in Egyptian drawings.

Personality
    A noble looking animal with a kindly nature. It is also extremely sensitive with acute hearing and must never be shouted at. Good with children; rarely fights and responds to kind treament.
  19. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

An older and slowing down greyhound.
  20. Camille

Camille New Member

I'm a french bulldog!! it said people have to get used to my gentle snuffling and i am kind, but i will go off and sulk when disgraced :p