Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > What Was Your Favorite Season of DWTS ???

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Ray Sison, Apr 17, 2010.

?

Which was your favorite season?

1. 1

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. 2

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. 4

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 5

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. 6

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. 7

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. 8

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. 9

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. 10

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

What was your favorite season of Dancing with the Stars?

For me, I can easily say that it was when Stacy Keibler, Drew Lachey, and Jerry Rice competed. Though my choice, Stacy, lost (disappointing me), I was really captivated from beginning to end, week to week!

I was also a fan of Jerry from his football career, and I liked watching Drew.

Which season was your favorite???

:p

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Also...

Also: who's your all-time favorite pro or celebrity on the show?

Do you have more than one?

3. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Don't really have a favorite season,
    But I'd say my favorite pro is Toni D, if not for a picture I took with him at Manhattan last june, the poor guys nearly always gets paired with partners who have no chance at winning :D

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Nybz...

Yeah, Nybz, just his luck!

Ashly DelGrosso has not fared very well in many seasons, either--including the one with Master P!!!

Thanks for helping to break in this new thread!

5. TAK

TAK Member

I started watching during Season 4 so I think I will always compare everything to that season. Apolo & Julianne are definitely one of my favorite couples ever. Mel & Maks are another -- such a fun partnership. Of course people talk about "chemistry" a lot on the show, as in "can you pretend that you are lusting after your partner," but the connections in these two partnerships represented REAL chemistry IMO -- truly liking each other and benefiting from each other's presence.

Favorite pro is Karina, hands down...I'm sorry she has sometimes gotten the "bitch" edit. I miss her this season.

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To TAK

TAK, I sooo agree with you about Karina. And what a passionate person she appears to be.

As for your favorite season, it's the same for me! My first season was the Stacy-Drew-Jerry one. And so that is the one that I compare every season that follows. There's something strongly nostalgic about that first season that we watch, as is often the case with anything that is a first for us...

:D

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Oh, and I totally agree about Apolo and Julianne, too...

8. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Sambanada

Sambanada, yes, that's the season that had the suspenseful Stacy-Drew-Jerry combination. Definitely my favorite season--I loved it!

Meanwhile, I have several all-time favorite participants. I have to include Emmitt Smith with Cheryl Burke (who I adore, and appreciate that she's from the lovely SF Bay Area town of Atherton, California)...

I loved how Emmitt progressed, including with Waltz--which he came to love after initial ambivalence...

Another pair that comes to mind that I remember fondly is Mario and Karina...

:cool:

10. Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer New Member

Not sure the season number but totally loved the one with Anna and Jerry Rice. I thought they were adorable together.. maybe not "sexual" or "romantic" chemistry but chemistry none the less. I'm also a huge Kristi Yamuguchi fan so I enjoyed watching here as well.

11. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I always like the current season best because that's the one I can watch. :wink: I tend to go through withdrawal when it's not on.

12. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

I enjoyed season 8 quite a lot - it had a likable cast, and no serious ringers to mess things up. And what a photo finish, with less than 1% separating Gilles and Shawn.

13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer, that was Season 2--easily my favorite. You're right, there was something very special about Jerry Rice and Anna Trebunskaya. A hard-working student with no ballroom experience and a proud teacher. I loved that!

That season had not only the excitement of the Stacy Keibler-Jerry Rice-Drew Lachey dynamics that I have mentioned, but also the appeal of Lisa Rinna, George Hamilton, and Tia Carrere. Master P (Percy Miller) provided the requisite controversy--with his insistence (to Len's disdain) of using his Master P shoes instead of proper ballroom shoes.

Of course, the other controversy was Stacy's lower placement than Jerry--my choice, Stacy, placing third...

Very nice memories for me as well as many other fans of Dancing with the Stars... :cool:

P.S. Other footnotes: Kenny Mayne of ESPN and Tatum O'Neal were the first to be dismissed, if you recall...

14. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth, yes, good call on that one. What a thrilling finish!

:D

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond, you and me both!

16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Oh, and thank you so much for keeping us all up to date with the latest DWTS news, episode to episode--moment to moment!

:cheers:

17. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

I liked the third season a lot and Cheryl Burke is so fantastic!

18. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Member

I thought season 8 was overall the best in terms of dancing talent and 'competition'. There were 4 really good dancers (Shawn Johnson, Gilles Marini, Melissa Rycroft and Li'l Kim), all of whom would have made worthy champions, plus the biggest improvement of any celebrity I've ever seen on DwtS - Ty Murray. The change Chelsie was able to work in that guy from week 1 to week 2 was nothing short of miraculous.
    Julianne is definitely my favorite pro, I feel like there's something missing when she's not there.
    Also, I wish the producers would mix it up a little more with the assignments. What I mean by that is that Derek Hough should be first in line for the next Cloris Leachman while Jonathan Roberts richly deserves a hottie who can dance. Tony, Karina and Anna T.-R. have also gotten the shaft more than their fair share of the time.

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

The first season, of course.

I stopped watching, after a while. (Probably shouldn't admit that here.) The show's about popularity and a bunch of other things that have nothing to do with dance. By the end of the first season, my naivete was gone. So every season since has been less ... fulfilling.

20. Season 5 (in terms of being the funnest to watch)....