Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > What Was Your Favorite Season of DWTS ???

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Ray Sison, Apr 17, 2010.

?

Which was your favorite season?

1. 1

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. 2

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. 4

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 5

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. 6

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. 7

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. 8

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. 9

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. 10

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. MissKitty

MissKitty New Member

Season 8

For sure - alot of celebrity dance talent in that season I was impressed!

Although I am very much enjoying the current season and dont want any of the remaining couples to go!

Favourite Pro? MAKSIM.

If I said it was purely because of his dancing - I would be being dishonest! ;)

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Good choice, Miss Kitty! :cheers:

3. MissKitty

MissKitty New Member

Season 8....or Maksim??? LOL

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

The season! LOL...

5. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

MissKitty, how does the U.S. version of DWTS compare with the one in New Zealand?

6. Griffico

Griffico Member

I still regard season 4 as my favorite. Something about Apolo and Julianne's dancing worked for me that I haven't really seen since. :)

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

As a big Julianne fan, I can fully understand...

8. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Having Gilles Marini/Melissa Rycroft/Shawn Johnson in one final is the best thing to ever happen to DWTS. I really liked Gilles and Evan Lysacek. And I didn't ever understand why people liked Emmitt Smith.

9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I agree wholeheartedly with you about Shawn Johnson. As for Emmitt, we'll have to agree to disagree...

10. MissKitty

MissKitty New Member

Hi T.C.,

Unfortunately we no longer have a New Zealand version of Dancing with the stars :( :(

The reason being it was deemed too expensive a show to make by the network as it was run a little differently over here :)

The celebrities on our show were not paid to do the show (I am under the impression that the celebs on the US version are paid - correct me if I am wrong :) ) and each celebrity picked a charity to 'dance for' for the duration of the show. A large percentage of the monies gathered by txt & phone voting would then be donated to those charities - based on the votes received by the couple representing each charity.

As far as the show went - I thought it was just great - until I watched my first US episode of DWTS. The standard is not quite the same - we have had some good celebrity dancers - but nothing like some of the amazing stuff i have seen on the US version.

Highlight - my teacher was on the show in season 2. Was brilliant to watch :)

11. MissKitty

MissKitty New Member

ummm both! But on a serious note....MAKSIM hubba hubba

12. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Season 1; the show was about the dancing and the celebs (though not my fav celebs).