Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > What Was Your Favorite Season of DWTS ???

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Ray Sison, Apr 17, 2010.

?

Which was your favorite season?

1. 1

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. 2

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. 4

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 5

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. 6

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. 7

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. 8

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. 9

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. 10

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. MissKitty

MissKitty New Member

Season 8

For sure - alot of celebrity dance talent in that season I was impressed!

Although I am very much enjoying the current season and dont want any of the remaining couples to go!

Favourite Pro? MAKSIM.

If I said it was purely because of his dancing - I would be being dishonest! ;)

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Good choice, Miss Kitty! :cheers:

3. MissKitty

MissKitty New Member

Season 8....or Maksim??? LOL

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

The season! LOL...

5. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

MissKitty, how does the U.S. version of DWTS compare with the one in New Zealand?

6. Griffico

Griffico Member

I still regard season 4 as my favorite. Something about Apolo and Julianne's dancing worked for me that I haven't really seen since. :)

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

As a big Julianne fan, I can fully understand...

8. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Having Gilles Marini/Melissa Rycroft/Shawn Johnson in one final is the best thing to ever happen to DWTS. I really liked Gilles and Evan Lysacek. And I didn't ever understand why people liked Emmitt Smith.

9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I agree wholeheartedly with you about Shawn Johnson. As for Emmitt, we'll have to agree to disagree...

10. MissKitty

MissKitty New Member

Hi T.C.,

Unfortunately we no longer have a New Zealand version of Dancing with the stars :( :(

The reason being it was deemed too expensive a show to make by the network as it was run a little differently over here :)

The celebrities on our show were not paid to do the show (I am under the impression that the celebs on the US version are paid - correct me if I am wrong :) ) and each celebrity picked a charity to 'dance for' for the duration of the show. A large percentage of the monies gathered by txt & phone voting would then be donated to those charities - based on the votes received by the couple representing each charity.

As far as the show went - I thought it was just great - until I watched my first US episode of DWTS. The standard is not quite the same - we have had some good celebrity dancers - but nothing like some of the amazing stuff i have seen on the US version.

Highlight - my teacher was on the show in season 2. Was brilliant to watch :)

11. MissKitty

MissKitty New Member

ummm both! But on a serious note....MAKSIM hubba hubba

12. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Season 1; the show was about the dancing and the celebs (though not my fav celebs).