Tango Argentino > What would your Tango movie look like?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Lui, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Lui

Lui Active Member

In another thread people seemed to agree that many dancers have been inspired by movies like “Tango Lesson” or “Tango” by Saura. There also seem to be some agreement that this films show a very one-sided, unrealistic picture of Tango.

Assuming we had the capacity to produce our very own movie to lure more people into Tango and give the scene another impact, what would your plot or theme look like?

2. Lui

Lui Active Member

I’ll break the ice with some suggestion:
    • A “Pink Panther” like movie about jewels and thievery. The stones a stolen and stolen again during the dancing.
    • “Alice In Tango Land” – her true love disappears in Buenos Aires. On her search through the night she encounters many dancers and styles.
    • A Tango vampire movie. Each vampire sticks to the style of the time of his transformation. Thus there is a constant quarrel about the true style and new entries are not welcome. Some however can’t resists.

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

this looks like a DF thread........ you can script it easily using old posts;)

4. Mr 4 styles

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE TANGO

if the girl crosses without being led... you eat her brains...
    if she follows well... you just bite her and make her one of us... errr them

5. Mr 4 styles

like this but it should be Alicia

6. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Um... quite hilarious.

7. NZ_Guy

NZ_Guy Member

Not being particularly original, I'd just rip off La grande séduction / Seducing Doctor Lewis (2003) and swap tango for cricket. Can't promise it'll bring in anybody new to tango though.

8. sudoplatov

sudoplatov Member

Like The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse but without the war.

9. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Rather Ultimo tango a Parigi. Joke aside. I do not dance tango: My tango existence (with the exception of casual post in this forum) died, like the leading actor. My tango life did last 13 years. It was a turbulent life of total immersion. Tango of course only halfway takes place on the dance floor. I was told to be hasty, conceited, and fanatic. Retrospectively it seems that I intuitively knew that my (tango) lifetime was capped.

10. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

It will be Dirty Dancing, only with tango instead of salsa (and all the other dances). :)

11. MilenaSpain

MilenaSpain New Member

I am a lover of realismo in movies so for me it would be one with the usual suspects of the milonga: survivors of heartbreak, bankruptcy, depression or sheer loneliness. Would it lure more people into tango? I don't know, but I d like to show how the dance changed the lives of this people.

12. Hadi Katebi

Hadi Katebi New Member

I would somehow mix it with soccer :)