Whatcha listening to right now?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Oct 19, 2005.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

So, reading the latest entires on the random-thoughts thread, I decided we needed a thread for everyone to post what they are listening to right now. So:

What are ya listening to? What kind of music is it? And, if you feel so inclined, what are you listening to it on?

My answer: Currently on my Mac, Armin van Buuren, "Shivers". Electronica / trance.

2. lynn

lynn New Member

Chopin Etudes Op. 10 & 25 by Maurizio Pollini

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

of course b/c I am a SICK SICK WOMAN...I am usually only listeing to waltzes and tangos and foxtrots...but I also like frank sinatra and james taylor and joshua kadison and elton john and most classical and jazz and .....

4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

www musicsojourn.com/Playlists/Alt80/v1-20/v1/a80_vg1.htm

5. Medira

Medira New Member

I'm listening to "Everybody Here Wants You" by Jeff Buckley's "Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk" on my mp3 player and trying to decide what type of dance would be best suited to it... Sexy, sexy, sexy song...

-http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000006O7C/qid=1129832352/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-0423150-1963937?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Disc 1, Track 2

6. Killer_Thriller

Killer_Thriller New Member

I'm in school right now, and we're watching the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, so I guess that's what I'm listening to :)

7. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

Hurray! Another Sinatra fan!
    I am listening to NPR Jazz in the Afternoons on the radio. The oldies station I sometimes listen to started with All Christmas music on Monday. Way too early for that so I am avoiding it.

8. Medira

Medira New Member

Funny, I'm listening to the Frank Sinatra and Count Basie "Live at the Sands" CD at the moment...

9. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I am similarly sick woman. I listen mostly to ballroom music. Actually I developed this habit after my dance teacher told me to listen to dance music in the car and try to find the beat, so that I get better at understanding music. It took longer than I thought it would, but by now I can actually hear the beat when I am listening to music, and now I am so used to listening to ballroom music in the car, that I rarely listen to anything else. Before that I used to listen to things like NPR.

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Christmas Carols, assorted traditional and R&B. :oops: Sorry. :lol:

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi-life music on Ngoma (the XM satellite radio African music station.)

Big time dancing music! :)

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

10 minutes ago, when I was in my car, I had on the Wallflowers' "One Headlight". Cool song...

13. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Just addicted to batanga, especially the boleros.

14. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Cocteau Twins - Garlands; a heavy dose of nostalgia

15. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

I stopped listening to current trends music about 3 years ago when our local radio station started going to canned music, and would periodically have dead air space with no one noticing, or two tapes going at once, or an announcer stating the time incorrectly(taped obviously).

So I tend to listen now to a local NPR affiliate that plays a diverse mix of music heavy on blues and jazz but also including latino, world beat, americana, reggae, folk, etc. etc.

When I want to concentrate on something I listen to a classical music station.

Otherwise, I am listening to my dance music CD's (very few of which were produced as "Dance Music") heavy on the 30's Swing because I am in a Lindy phase right now and surfing eMusic looking for more dancable music.

16. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Right at this minute? "Hooked on Classics", which is an updated version of famous pieces of classical music performed to a disco beat by a symphony orchestra (I think it's the LSO, but can't be sure as, somewhere in the mists of time, the sleeve notes have got lost... :roll: )

Rosa :)

17. fascination

dh just bought big fat voodoo daddy b/c he like the name and its pretty good....he also bought rat pack christmas and whats the third one?...cant remember ...anyway he loves to do that so that we have new music when we go out to cut down our tree

18. Medira

Medira New Member

I enjoy Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and they put on a really entertaining show. A Rat Pack Christmas is a great CD too. :)

At the moment, I'm listening to The Tragically Hip - "Fiddler's Green"

19. fascination

not familiar ...will have to look into it:car:

20. Medira

Medira New Member

The Tragically Hip are a Canadian rock band that have been around since the early 80's and still going strong. They can be a bit of an acquired taste, however I'd suggest taking a listen to "Bobcaygeon", "Wheat Kings", "It's a Good Life if you Don't Weaken", "Ahead By a Century" and "Courage".

At the moment, I'm listening to "Lough Erin Shore" by The Corrs (a lovely Viennese Waltz, actually)