Dancers Anonymous > What's the best reason to get married?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Nov 13, 2005.

?

What's the best reason to get married?

1. Love

33 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Money

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sex

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Power or political alliance

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  5. Friendship/companionship

17 vote(s)
    29.8%
  6. Shared family, social, cultural or religious background

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Arranged marriage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other -- please discuss.

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I don't even remember the options but I would say that is would be because you have found someone who regardless of all else, you can respect and admire for the rest of your life

2. Laura

Laura New Member

I don't know if I've posted this or not, but right around the time I got married nearly 11 years ago, I read a column by Joe Bob Briggs, Drive-In Movie Critic. He was going on about how Hollywood was making such a big deal about all the little stars getting married. He was like "what the whoop de whoop?" I'll never forgot what he said:

Marriage is a thing that two people do when their hope for the future overcomes their fear of the past.

3. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Here they are:
    I never did vote, I guess because I'm currently in the "bah! humbug!" camp.

PS
    Got a new pet peeve. Went in to buy a birthday card for my son (he'll be 25 on Tuesday). It seemed that most of the son-cards showed the parents together and saying "we". You'd think what with my demographic growing as rapidly as it is, that they'd have a "to son from divorced dad" category.

4. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

I like this :) .

5. PasoDancer

PasoDancer New Member

Why mess up a good thing? Two people CAN cohabit successfully and happily. The religious and political origins of marriage sour me on it, but what really breaks the camel's back is that it's "expected" of you. No thanks. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

this works too... when the procreation part is over