Tango Argentino > What's the sexiest dance?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by MadamSamba, Feb 2, 2004.

1. angelbaby

angelbaby New Member

Can see that it appears like AT has more sexiness potential but really i think it comes down to the ppl, the chemistry, the music, the mood, the something when it all clicks. And yes what some find sexy, others find boring or conversly trashy. Ahh and another ingredient is of course the watcher/voyeur and what they themselves bring in terms of meanings and impact re sexiness.

Something i wonder tho'..... how do you know if you are oozing the sexiness you really want to be ...OR.... :oops: just looking plainly all "wrong" - i know, just let it flow naturally but you know those times of performing. You see some ppl just getting it sooo right and others... :shock: lol

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

It is a matter of stop thinking with your head but listening to your heart/soul. To see, hear, and move directly from the soul results in the magic more often then any other technique I have tried.

3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I think the sexiest dance is tango (I do American Style tango).

My teacher likes to describe his part as big jungle cat (him) hunting little furry bunny (me). I like to think of it as ice princess (me) telling low life cretin (him) oh no, you can't have me. Together, the effect can be powerful; sometimes it's like we have a little war zone going on. But, it works for us.

4. Sabor

Sabor New Member

err.. ahem .. what?

:lol:

5. shakti

shakti New Member

Chemistry, yes. That definately factors in.

6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

It's just roles we're playing, the storyline of the dance. The more agressive he acts, and the more aloof & disdainful I act, the better the character of our dance is to watch. I hope this makes sense. :D :wink:

7. Sabor

Sabor New Member

it did.. just teasing.. eres mucho cute :wink:

8. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

9. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

(In Viennese accent)

Here ve haf zer classic psycho- archtypes: the man referrring to zer little furry bunny clearly has some suppressed childhood trauma, ver his moder or fader took avay his favourite teddy bear, and he is still, in his subconcious, searching for the teddy bear, vid zer jungle cat being zer ego overcompensating.

Zer voman, is living out another childhood fantasy, particular to liddle girls, who as Charles Aznerballs sang 'grow bigger every day' vid an inherent conflict vid zer woman. Most archetyptal princesses need rescuing, but zis one vants to stay remote in for example like Rapunzel in her tower; ergo she vants to be desired but not consumed by a masculine force. Zer is a subconsious need to emasculate zer man. For anudder example she is like zer Snow Qveen, very beautiful but also cruel to liddle boys*

Dr Jung

* see my book Psychoanalysis of Fairy Tales, or Why Hans Christain Andersen was totally Psycho

10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Exactly. :wink:

11. love2swing

love2swing New Member

I don't know if I could pick just one dance that is sexy. Cha-cha is definitely sexy-- in the playful sexy way. Bolero definitely is. Rumba can be. Argentine Tango, the little of it that I have done, has definitely screamed sexy at me. Ah, I guess my answer is that it depends on my mood, my partner, and the song that it playing. :D

12. heartgrl2k

heartgrl2k New Member

I'd say AT - the music and movements are very sexy

WCS is very sexy as well, but that is lost on most beginners

13. jon

jon Member

I believe it was Ron Montez who counted the basic tango timing as "Stalk her (S). Stalk her (S). Drag her (Q) into (Q) the cave (S)."

14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Rhumba is sexy; same closeness than salsa but slower...
    Cha-cha ? Not so; too quick; playful, and exciting, yes.
    West Coast swing, yes; it's kindda rock in slow motion.
    A.T ? The first time I saw it was in Sally Potter's movie, and then I found it weird and complicated but certainly not sexy. Maybe it's because I don't find Sally sexy. Even now, I can't think of a sexy couple of A.T performers. Osvaldo and Lorena, maybe; but it's only Lorena, Osvaldo is as sexy as dead fish.

16. Sabor

Sabor New Member

the sexiest dance gotta be this.. [​IMG]

17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

The hula? But there's no partner - where's the fun in that? :D :wink:

18. Sabor

Sabor New Member

in that particular case.. i just watch :shock: :wink:

19. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Right.

20. eviane

eviane New Member

hmm doesn't anyone think that cumbia is the sexiest dance?? i almost die everytime cus i just love the rythm so much...