Tango Argentino > What's the sexiest dance?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by MadamSamba, Feb 2, 2004.

1. blue

blue New Member

Hi eviane and welcome to DF!

I know nothing about cumbia. What is it?

People say tango is so sexy. I can not understand why. OK I am a tango n00b but... sensual, OK I can buy that. Maybe. But sexy?

2. SalsaAmore

SalsaAmore New Member

I dance mostly Salsa these days, but classically trained in others. I got hooked on Salsa, but I always wanted to learn AT, especially after the inspiration of "Forever Tango." What an amazing group of dancers! In my opinion, sexy is what sexy does. Although, certain dances does ooze sexiness or sensuality like AT, Salsa & others. But, from a spectators point of view. Argentine Tango is on top of the list with some others previously mentioned. Salsa is a really sexy dance when it's done to slower music and dancers are more lyrical. But, lately, newer forms of Salsa are taking over and the music is fast. It's turned much into a speed and skills test, now. The sexiness is someone lost and more technique and showmanship is added into it.

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I too enjoy the music of cumbia and fooro as well eviane. And welcome to df! :)

4. Sabor

Sabor New Member

why do u keep winking at me.. dont u know i'm shy!.. purrrrrrrr :wink: :lol:

5. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

So what happened to the Dance of The Seven Veils?

6. Sabor

Sabor New Member

hmm.. thought it was The Seven Dwarves..? guess not..

may be .. it got lost after 1001 nights

7. eviane

eviane New Member

@blue and sagitta:

thank you!
    cumbia was first brought to colombia by the africans, but since then it has spread throughout south-america.. it's a pretty trendy rythm i'd say, i know a colombian girl who says that it's the south-american hip hop.
    it's quite a slow rythm compared to salsa and merengue.. hm i can give you some names of songs for you to download:
    Kumbia Kings - Fuego
    Pibes Chorros - Mabel
    well these are 2 examples of what i found when i typed in ''cumbia'' in my kazaa. tell me if you like it!
    but i've been to parties, and heard much more 'modern' cumbia.. but i haven't been able to find out what they're called.. and i have no idea about which cumbia songs are ''new'' or which ones are being played now in discos since i don't live in south-america... can anyone help?? i'd be grateful!