Dancers Anonymous > What's the Skinny on iPods?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DWise1, Jul 24, 2007.

1. tj

tj New Member

2. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Audacity is freeware that'll do the trick. If spending money makes you happy, there's Adobe Audition.

3. Laura

Laura New Member

On a whim just now I decided to see what the iPod was up to. It was off. And not because it had drained its batteries, it had just turned itself off! So I turned it on, and then tried to turn it off...and it turned off! So I turned it on again, played some music, and then tried to turn it off...and it turned off! I have not been able to turn that thing off in over a year.

Very weird.

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

another electronic item going on the blink for ya? poor thing...

5. Laura

Laura New Member

Oh, the iPod thing has been a longstanding problem (go back a few pages here).

At least I've never had a laptop or a cell phone crap out on me.

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i've had both. you are indeed fortunate...

7. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Anyone have an Ipod Touch? Thinking about it...can get for "free" with credit card points. Have been resistant to everything Ipod, just because...but after two bad experiences with a Creative product (speak to me before you throw your money away on one), I'm willing to give the Ipod a try.

8. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

My first mp3 player was a Creative product which stopped working shortly after it was out of warranty. I switched to an iPod and never looked back. I've had one of the original iPod videos (60 GB version) for 2 years and it's still going strong. I LOVE it and if/when it goes, I'll get another iPod in a heartbeat. I make heavy use of the video feature. I love having dance videos on it, as well as coaching sessions that I can review at will.

9. LucyDiamond

I know someone who has the original iPhone and really likes it. Sorry, I don't know about the iPod touch but, it looks very nice.

10. LucyDiamond

The one thing that would prevent me from getting the iPod Touch is I need more storage space for all my music and videos. The largest capacity appears to be 32GB so I'd stay with the iPod classic unless by the time I need to replace my current iPod they've significantly increased the capacity on the Touch.

P.S. Sorry, this took 3 messages to say all this but, I kept thinking of things to add. :wink: I hope all this helps.

11. mamboqueen

That is exactly what happened with both of my Creative products (Zen and Vision). Within 6 months of warranty expiration, the headphone jack stopped working. There is a boatload of info on the net about this problem -- and I would have thought they had addressed the problem, but apparently, they're more interested in shipping out their substandard product rather than having to throw them out and tackle the problem. It's a shame because the sound was GREAT when it worked!

Have heard mixed reviews from people who have the Iphone, but amazed at how quickly those new ones sold out!

12. LucyDiamond

I use Bose in-ear headphones with my iPod and the sound is phenomenal. It also sounds GREAT using my car stereo's auxilliary input. I bet if you went to an Apple store, they'd let you listen to one.

13. mamboqueen

no need to apologize; I understand you're trying to up your post count. :)

I only put on dance videos, and not movies. How many hours of video do you think 32GB gets you? What I like is the big screen. Samsung has out a new product, too, but not sure it's been out that long and I hate buying the first generation of a product.

14. LucyDiamond

I'm busted!!! :peace:

I'm not sure. I don't have movies on mine either. I can tell you the I have 6700+ songs, 82 videos and 40 photos on mine and I'm using about 35GB space.

15. mamboqueen

Hmmm...so the Touch wouldn't have accommodated you. I wonder why they have such low memory on that. Looking at the Zune now, too. My son has one....but I think it's the G1 version. Anyone have a Zune?

16. LucyDiamond

No, the Touch won't work for me. That's one of the main reasons I won't get an iPhone. If I can't have everything on one piece of electronics, I'll keep mine separate. Besides, I don't get my AT&T discount through work with an iPhone. :wink:

I don't know anything about the Zune.

17. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

A question for the more technologically intelligent people here...

I've got an iPod which I love (which is 5 years old and still going strong, I might add), and so have iTunes and everything set up on my computer. DH and I are looking to get a new computer, though. What do I have to do to transfer things over to the new computer so I can still use my iPod?

18. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

If you are buying a MAC the transfer of everything to your new 'puter is painless - it's a one step process. Your new computer will look identical - right down to the items on your desktop.

PCs are always a problem when it comes to migration, but you can always copy your itunes library to a disk and copy it then to your new computer...

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i have ipod touch. sexy little gizmo. expensive tho...a regular ipod would serve just as well. but the touch technology is cool.

i have dance vids on them. they come in handy when traffic is congested... nothing like a little beata & michael wentink to cheer you up.:cool:

can watch youtube vids when you're in a wireless hub.

20. LucyDiamond

I did that a couple of years ago. You need to copy all you music to your new computer (it's easiest to keep the same directory structure). After you download and install iTunes on your new computer, you need to set up iTunes so it knows where your music is located. When you sync your iPod with the new computer the first time, it will take awhile since it will think it's all new music. Basically, it will remove all your music from your iPod and put it back on. You will loose your playlists. I never found a way to transfer those. The Apple site might have directions. HTH.