General Dance Discussion > What's your dance fantasy?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Sep 29, 2010.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Assuming it's safe and wholesome to share, of course. :-D

If you could do anything dance-related that you really, really wanted to do without physical, emotional, financial, age or any other limitations, what would it be?

It could be anything -- dance a decent box step at your daughter's wedding, place well at Blackpool, do a perfect split, spn without getting dizzy, win the scholarship at your next comp. Doesn't matter what.

If you could do anything dance, what would it be?

2. madmaximus

madmaximus Well-Known Member

Learn the details of the Triple Outside Spin with Karen Hilton

m

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

in an ideal world...and I am well aware that it will never happen b/c dh isn't going there...but since we are talking fantasy; dance at a very high level in smooth with someone I also happen to love

4. v22TTC

v22TTC New Member

A Tango Argentino with Motoko Kusanagi (of Ghost in the Shell), with her in a red satin dress, on a beautiful Art Deco liner sailing through space, with no particular destination planned, to either Canaro's 'Poema' or Di Sarli's 'A La Gran Muñeca'... but not both - it's TA so there has to be some regret.

Sigh.... :p

On a more realistic level, I guess in about a year's time; to have had a TA that is a fully good dance - no 'gah! it would have been better if I'd done that' etc.

5. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Meet the love of my life on the dance floor

6. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Dance on Moldova's team Codreanca at the World Standard Formation Championship

7. Warren J. Dew

Warren J. Dew Well-Known Member

Win the world championship, of course.

I mean, if we can have anything, why would we settle for placing well?

8. Kits

Kits New Member

Thats a good anime series and she's a type of character I could see dancing the Tango! Her and my beloved Faye Valentine. As for me it would have to be Ikuto from Shugo Chara dancing the Tango to Karu no neko no tango XD

To become a pro...that is my dream Fantasy. To be able to have that confidence and to know all the dances I want to know and to be able to go to competitions without worrying about how its going to kill me financially. To ware those fun frilly dresses. Just to be out there in front of people. It just seems like a dream to me. can it ever really come true? yeah hahah we'll see...

9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I would love, ultimately, to be competing at a high level with my BF.
    I'd also love to dance at Blackpool...not even in the actual comp, just on the floor. I want to visit it and marvel in the history and sheer beauty it holds.

And I'd like to experience a perfectly smooth and powerful dance, I don't care which one. I just want it.

10. kckc

kckc Active Member

me too!

Also to dance at OSB and spectate at Blackpool.

11. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

To be a legendary teacher like Bob Powers or Corky Ballas, sharing the joy of something I love while transforming it to something even greater.

12. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Dance @ Blackpool

Do an interview with some great pro couple

13. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Going back to dance pro

14. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

..to have enough money for our first international DF meet up in Hawaii 2012 !

15. Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer New Member

My dance fantasy is to become truly proficient with the Silver level Foxtrot…. to the point that my movements appear as if they are coming from the depth of my soul. Then I want to wear a gorgeous, elegant, feminine confection of a gown, preferably pale pink or light blue in color. My normally frizzy hair will actually behave and my dance partner will be in his tail suit….we will dance to something classic (Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole) and my face will split wide open with a smile of happiness… sigh :D

16. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

Win lottery...quit job...hire personal trainer and nutritionist so I can get fit and slim enough to look great in dance costumes...spend many hours in privates with great teachers....dance more...enter and win some comps, or at least travel to more dance events. Oh, and of course find love of my life who also likes to dance. :)

17. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

+1

... and also to find a competitive partner who shares my ideal of competing for the purposes of development, and for whom competing is a bonus addition to his current life, rather than an escape or replacement.

18. LaWa

LaWa New Member

To dance the most awesome waltz, totally lost in the music, the dance and the unity with my partner ... the only couple on the floor in front of a huge crowd ... and at the end everybody is so stunned by the beauty of our dancing that there is that unbelievable silence when nobody dares break the magic by applauding ...

Yes, I love to dream ;)

19. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

ditto!

first fantasy...

and I would love to copy the dance from 'Flashdance' where the young lady sits in a chair, pulls a chain and water splashes all over her... without the high heels or lack of clothes....

last fantasy...

to meet Eleanor Powell (posted with sadness since she is no longer with us) :(

20. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

There's an International DF meetup?

In Hawaii.

I'll be a poor uni student by then, but I'll try.