General Dance Discussion > What's your dance fantasy?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Sep 29, 2010.

1. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

My fantasy would be to dance a foxtrot with Fred Astaire, and to magically be a s perfect as he is. In a gorgeous gown, in a movie.

chomsky likes this.
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Crepe back satin, slender A-line, with perfect drape. Yes. This would be your gown. :-D

ETA: Here it is! Insert cccc's face here

[​IMG]

3. pygmalion

Oh my gosh, opendoor!! It's awesome to "see" you at last!!!

How long until you get out of the cast?

4. SilverStarfish

SilverStarfish New Member

I want to dance on a rooftop in Spain in the sunset :)

5. pygmalion

Hi SilverStarfish. Welcome. :-D

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

To have our own DF dance fest.

Ailuene likes this.
  7. SilverStarfish

SilverStarfish New Member

Thanks!

Also, another dance fantasy of mine is to become a dance teacher. I was just looking into what it would take to get there...and I think it belongs in the realm of fantasy for me.

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

samba rolls and flying angels....just for starters..and a rumba that is more than just decent technique

9. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Huh. I can't remember what I was thinking when I wrote that. But it's not really my fantasy anymore.

I think my new fantasy would be to do an epic modern AT showcase. Just to show off what I've learned for once...

10. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Someone been there?

11. Lui

Lui Active Member

… a waltz floating on air!

12. Aura

Aura Active Member

1) Perfect my Viennese Waltz, which I danced for the first time yesterday in a local competition. It wasn't too bad for a "first competition" Viennese.

2) Similarly, I want to learn more Argentine Tango, enough to be able to dance it well socially. I'll have to talk to my teacher about that some more.

3) I know this has already been posted, but it's definitely a shared fantasy. I would love to meet the love of my life on the dance floor or have a husband that dances. Nothing seems more romantic to me than dancing with someone like that, where it's just the two of you.

chomsky likes this.
  13. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

I like their body flight. ;)

14. Lillypad

Lillypad New Member

My dance fantasy would be to travel around the world and take lessons from top coaches while enjoying all the different countries, music, and the local dance cultures :)

tancos and RiseNFall like this.
  15. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

My dance fantasy would probably be along the lines of being able to dance open standard flawlessly at any time of the day. Also that everyone would go around in ballgowns and tailcoats all of the time. That would be awesome.

16. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I
    I was thinking of fred astaire too a couple of hours ago. How funny is that..

17. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

To get completely and utterly lost in the dance during a competition -to not worry about the crowds, the technique, the judges, the floor traffic, the pressure, etc., and just get swept away by the music, the feeling and the moment... while dancing spectacularly well, of course :)

Sania and SwayWithMe like this.
  18. Warren J. Dew

Warren J. Dew Well-Known Member

One of my favorite memories relates to when my then partner and I were giving a show a couple blocks from my office. We put on tails and ballgown in my office and while walking to the show location, overheard:

"Oh, people dress that way in Boston all the time."

Would that it were true!

Ailuene likes this.
  19. Danceyourweight

Danceyourweight New Member

20. letsdance101

letsdance101 Active Member

I would love to meet an amazing partner and then we fall in love while we compete at pro level all around the world. Would love to get coaching from, compete, meet people, and experience as much of the world as I possibly could. Then, with my absolutely amazing and romantically in love partner, I would like to compete in big comps (cough* blackpool) and at least make the finals. I would love to teach people and make an impact in some way, shape, or form on their lives through dancing and building relationships. Lastly, I really want to start a non profit organization that provides dance lessons to kids who can't afford dancing.... I would love to make it a national if not international organization.

My expectations are quite high.... Honestly though I hope I achieve at least half of the above if not all...

Ailuene and RiseNFall like this.