General Dance Discussion > What's your dance fantasy?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by pygmalion, Sep 29, 2010.

1. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

fantasy 1: having a partner that I can go to comps with
    fantasy 2: compete at blackpool ( I saw pro-am exhibition the other day, got me excited, asked my coach who competes at blackpool each year, found out that you have to pay 10k pounds just for that!!! wtf!
    oh well, I dont stand a chance then :(:oops:

2. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Tumble turns are my dance fantasy

fascination likes this.
  3. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Huh, I have a reverse tumble turn in my showcase. As I've never done one the "correct" direction he showed me that, too. One of those things where I was like "Is this supposed to be one of those hard things?"

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I love them as well

5. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Have practice/lessons with the standard partner this weekend. Hopefully they'll be making their way into our prechamp quickstep routine! (Still haven't really gotten used to even saying that we have a "prechamp" routine, so really, I guess I"m living my dance fantasy!)

Also, more fantasy wishes: to live in the same city as my standard partner/coach.

6. fascination

I have to say that I have certainly already lived progress, accomplishments, and sublime experiences in my dancing which I never would have even thought to have dreamed for myself....and I am very grateful for that

7. shava

shava Member

Perfect balance

8. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

And now we're doing a modified 'all-quicks' version at the end of our quickstep routine. I told NP at this rate I will have no idea how to do the basic tumble turn. (He dared me to start a thread about "reverse tumble turns are easy, what do you think..." I decided I don't need that kind of Standard hassle in my life. Though they aren't hard, compared to some things Standard makes me do.)

9. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

To make it through a Waltz, on the comp floor, with my heel leads ONLY where they are supposed to be....and nowhere else!

And, to go to a big comp (never been to one) and get out of the quarter finals.

I don't dream big.....yet. But, I do dream.

SwayWithMe, Wannabee and RiseNFall like this.
  10. fascination

actually....thank you for this...as it reminds me of some of the things I have accomplished that others dream of....sometimes I forget because no one has ever been there to point it out.....thank you...

of late, it remains to dance at highest levels with someone who is kind to me

ocean-daughter, Sania and dancelvr like this.
  11. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

This is pretty much my dream as well right now. I just moved up a level so it seems a bit overwhelming at the moment. But maybe someday...

And like you dancelvr, that isn't a huge dream, but I am hopeful that as I accomplish more and more that I never thought possible, the size of my dreams will follow suit.

dancelvr likes this.
  12. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

The feeling when I do everything just so in terms of connection (and we all know how much goes into that) with my pro is phenomenal, so my fantasy is to be able to do that consistently! At the moment I just get glimpses of what could be.

I'm sure that like everything else in dancing, what I will be satisfied with is a moving goal post, so it is something that I will be working on improving as long as I am dancing.