Country and Western > What's Your Favorite Dance?

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by California, Jun 15, 2007.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

waltz, tango, VW, bolero, cha-cha

2. kayak

kayak Active Member

Looks like Steve finally found someone to dance the Cowboy Tango with ;)

3. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Aww! I love it!

I know this is the Country and Western board, but my favorite is Waltz. Love love love it, love the fluidity.

4. kayak

kayak Active Member

The great thing is there really isn't a difference between CW waltz and American smooth right? I am always amazed how different the whole dance feels leading it with a full body connected frame vs a more social distance frame.

5. lcdancesport

Once you achieve body flight through a great connection it's like a little euphoria, it's amazing.

6. CwdTexas

CwdTexas New Member

Waltz tho few waltzes are played by bands or DJs.

Double two or Triple two step for fun dancing at the bars.

Slow three step in shadow holding my love close is by far my favorite.

7. Weebonilass

Weebonilass New Member

My favorite dance is WCS, but second is Pony Swing... the real version originally called an Arizona Pony Swing, before the competition folks grabbed it and destroyed it. Unfortunately, there is only one guy in my "area" that knows it and he's not out much. He learned it in Denver and its the competition version.... sigh... I really need to head back to Arizona one of these days to get a fix.

8. Iriska

Iriska New Member

I like to melt in the music. Improvising is great!

9. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

hard for me to say, love all 5 standard dances.

10. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Love the Waltz...aaaaaaaaaaaaa

11. lcdancesport

12. BallandChange

BallandChange Member

Today, Waltz & Foxtrot in Standard. Bolero & Rumba in Rhythm. I promise you that it will change within days but Tango is my least favorite and the Standart style is my most proficient.

13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I agree with the statement from kayak: "there really isn't a difference between CW waltz and American smooth, right?"

I've posted on here before about a competition I went to in the San Francisco Bay Area . . . that was C&W vs Ballroom . . . mainly Waltz, Cha, WCS, and ECS.

Most of the Ballroom dancers had never seen, much less danced, C&W . . . the C&W Waltz dancers were dressed nearly identically, albeit, dance shoes vs Evening Star boots was a dramatic separation. The Ballroom dancers afterward stated how impressed they were and "how many patterns" were done by the C&W dancers in every dance . . .

I thought that the Ballroom Cha dancers had an edge on technique, but the C&W today are just about there . . .

The C&W WCS dancers had it all over the Ballroom WCS dancers . . . what more can I say? Major, major differences!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ECS dancers were similar, where the C&W dancers did more patterns and routine-like movements . . . the Ballroom dancers had a more jive-like look . . .

The UCWDC is getting closer and closer to Ballroom, but the subtle differences are enough to sustain the two wonderful venues of dance!

14. dancergal

dancergal New Member

I think it's a local thing. We used to live in No. Calif and danced Drifter and Cowboy ChaCha, Horseshoes and others. We moved to Arizona and nobody does these dances. We occasionally see someone do Cowboy ChaCha but it's rare. Here they do the "Arizona Two Step" to everything (which is not the same as "Progressive Two-Step") and it's maddening. Now I hardly dance country anymore. Even their line dances are different.

15. Me

Me New Member

For me as a dancer, it is all about tango!

For the music... it is all about tango!

For the shoes and shopping... it is all about tango!

Don't get me wrong - I love ballroom and Latin. I study as much of it is as possible. But, my passion is with tango. ;)

16. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

There is only one solution . . . move back here . . . cause we miss ya' . . .

17. dancergal

dancergal New Member

If I only could.......:(

18. vbadancer

vbadancer New Member

Nope, I love line dancing too! We're just getting back into it after not dancing for about five years, so I'm not current on the new dances, but still love the old stand-bys like Watermelon Crawl, Cowboy Rhythm, etc. (Used to do Razor Sharp and loved it...can't remember a step of it now!)

Also love 2-Step, WCS, ECS, Cha Cha, and Waltz with a partner. Which one I consider my favorite tends to change week to week. We're just learning Night Club Two-Step and I like it, but not comfortable enough with it yet for it to make my list.

19. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Argentine Tango... Is there anything else? :cool:

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

currently smooth VW...the urgency of it