Country and Western > What's Your Favorite Dance?

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by California, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

That word just makes me think of uti's. Which, I think, might be on par (enjoyment wise) with Smooth or Standard. Hmmm...I'll have to ponder that...

Favorite = AT.

2. kayak

kayak Active Member

I love Night Club Two-Step but find we have to be quick to get on the floor. All those buckle polishing songs pack the dance floor. So there is a minute or so from the beginning of a song until all the ladies convince their boyfriends to slow dance with them when there is a ton of space to make the dance big and flowing.

Waltz is kind of the same way. Before the dance floor jams up, we can just make a couple laps big and flowing. Suddenly, there are people everywhere and we have to take the zig-zag out, go linear and put in popcorn patterns :)

3. Grindelwald

Grindelwald New Member

bachatango, salsa and discofox

4. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Waltz and Tango

5. claws

claws New Member

Hey guys..

Noob here. :D
    Can some one expand these?

6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

C & W = Country and Western (general genre/style/scene; includes several dances)
    WCS = West Coast Swing
    ECS = East Coast Swing

7. claws

claws New Member

Anyway my favourites in descending order are

Ballet, Cha Cha, Salsa.

I recently started dancing salsa, and I don't know even basics of Ballet & Cha-Cha ;) . I'll start learning once I reach intermediate level in salsa.

8. SDsalsaguy

That is fine claws, but seeing as none of that is C & W related, you are better off posting about these in the appropriate forums (i.e. our ballroom and salsa forums here at Dance-Forums.com, and over at our sister site, www.danceforums.net regarding ballet).

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

SD,

Not sure why you brought this action up 'only' to claws, as ten other posts to this thread included dances that are not C&W related . . . just advertising???

-V

10. SDsalsaguy

Nope... simply that I can't keep up with all threads in all forums, and just happened to catch the latest post in this thread, so happened to respond to that. My reading of "favorite dance" -- at least in this forum -- was within the C&W genre, hence my response to claws. If there are other posts and the question is being responded to more generally, that's fine by me too! :D

11. dragon3085

dragon3085 New Member

Salsa and West Coast

Patrick

12. bigtone

bigtone New Member

American style Tango and Rumba so far. The connection with your dance partner in both of them are great. The intensity of the tango and the passion of the rumba. East coast swing is definately fun though if your partner is into it as well.

13. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

I'm really grov'n on Am Cha and Salsa at the moment :D

14. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

not my favorite - but i like samba a lot.
    i just like them all.

waltz - when i dance with slavik i feel like i am flying
    tango - interesting, powerful, grrrrr
    slow fox - i feel so relaxed ........
    v. waltz - i like spining and turning, and here that is just nice and gorgeous and elegant
    quick step - funny and cute with those kicks and jumps

samba - so,mmm, seductive. :p
    cha cha - i like that speed and power
    rumba - sexy, hot ......
    paso - not such a fan, but i like those lines and strenght
    jive - crazy and funny

15. waltzguy

waltzguy Active Member

waltz: the feeling of flight (hey kinda like malakawa)

16. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Normally I'd say Ft, W (American Slow) or Tango was my best, and hence my favorite. But based on results this weekend, i guess chacha is my best (one closed rumba win, while one closed and one open chacha win against guy I considered greatest competition at this comp. Strangely, consider smooth my strongest techincally But may be same for him PLUS smooth was fifrst, so think rythm had best on other things(smiliing, attitude with my sd\crewing around and crooking finger to gesture buddy teacher ofrward, etc)

17. Shelu

Shelu Member

Cha Cha Cha than Rumba

18. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

That beat is usually taken by the West Coasters here in Portland: triple triple double.
    What would ya'll do to "Luckenbach Texas"?
    You start with left foot or right foot?

19. JingleBoots

JingleBoots New Member

Am I the only one that LOVES line dancing??

Do you'll do the Drifter and the Cowboy Cha Cha and the Horseshoe partner dances where you live or is it just a Northern California thing??

No, it's not just a Northern thing; I live in Louisiana and LOVE a good line dance! Line dancing is becoming SO popular everywhere. One thing I love about line dancing is the fact that anyone can get up and do their thing. As long as you have the basic steps, almost all line dances can be "personalized" by each individual. Not to mention that if you don't have a date, or a partner to dance with, thank God for line dances! My favorites are the Electric Slide, the Tush Push, and the Watermelon Crawl........there are so many, and different ones across the board. They are all fun and easy to learn (except one here in La that I can NOT get !) It's done to "Pink Cadillac" and is very complicated and long. If it's more work than "fun", I just watch.

20. JingleBoots

JingleBoots New Member

Hey, I just noticed something. Yesterday I was "new in town" and today I'm a "commoner".........Joe Blow is "Upper Class", so I'm wondering.... what will I be tomorrow and when will I be dubbed as "upper class" ??? Is that a competition thing? Just curious.......I want to be Upper Class !!!! Teehee.