General Dance Discussion > When You Decided To Take Up Dancing.

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Spitfire, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

When you made the decision to take up dancing did you do so on your own or were you encouraged/persuaded by a significant other, friend or family member? :?:

I persuaded myself to do so. :)

2. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

It was all me, with an assist from the beautiful salseras I'd see dancing :wink:

3. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

Well, I have 'danced' all my life (hip hop, some tap, some ballet, jazz etc) but I didn't hear about ballroom dancing until I was looking for a job. I was looking through the food and beverage section of my local paper when I came across an ad that said something like "want to make money, get to travel and learn to dance? become a professional dance instructor, no experience needed". I called, I came in for an interview and I showed up to training class not even really sure of what a "ballroom dancer" was...I just knew I wanted to be one LOL.

EDIT: I persuaded myself I suppose.. 8)

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It took years, but I finally persuaded myself. Best decision I ever made. :D

5. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

I would have to go with persuaded myself...the inspiration came from film...Center Stage. :D

6. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Me with a little bit of destiny! :cornball: but there's some truth to that-- opportunities came... I can't take credit for it.

7. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Exactly the same for me, completely on my own initiative.