Tango Argentino > Where are the men to tango with at my beautiful 64 years of age? :)

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by 2dance with U, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Tango Distance

Tango Distance Active Member

It has been 18 months for me. I do see a correlation with age. If I hear "You are really good!" It is generally a younger lady. If I say "You are really good!" generally it is an older lady.

Both cases are fun, in different ways.

2. JimmyGermany

JimmyGermany New Member

I know from my grandma. She is 84 and still dancing. Germany has very good female dancers in their 70s and 80s. And it looks really good.

3. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Active Member

The long time partner in my profile picture is 80 now and still dancing!

4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

This has been a fascinating thread to read through. The overwhelming message from one poster is that the preferred follow is young, attractive (I believe the word used was hot) and tiny. As if any of these is automatically going to automatically qualify that follow as the better follow. I'd be let out on at least two, and probably all three, counts. :(

5. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

As an older leader, I'm just glad that there are lots of followers who don't feel that same way as he does.

:)

6. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

I hope you noted that that one poster's opinion is in the minority here.

Zoopsia59 and raindance like this.
  7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I did notice.

8. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

We also have an ignore function here. It's quite handy for this sort of thing.

Purr and Lilly_of_the_valley like this.
  9. Vincenze

Vincenze Member

She is now fat in this video.

10. Vincenze

Vincenze Member

A follower's age and attractiveness don't matter much if she is as good as a younger one.

However, most big women don't feel lead. Because they are strong, they resist a lot. You can only do a few simple steps with them by pushing them strongly. I practice with big girls sometimes.
    You should try a girl like this. You may feel a difference. She will follow perfectly with zero tango experience.

[​IMG]

11. I dunno. I simply treat it as entertainment; sort of like going to the circus and watching the clowns.

12. Vincenze

Vincenze Member

Can you tell us honestly?
    Do you like to dance with beautiful ladies?

I noticed that 90% of men prefer to dance with them.

13. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

I'm really looking forward to your next post, as you so enrich this forum with your eloquence.

[​IMG]

Purr likes this.
  14. Vincenze

Vincenze Member

I watched your two videos of her. I really liked the second one.

She danced better before when she wasn't fat.

I like the examples you provide for comparison.

Could you post a video of a really obese follower dancing wonderfully?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  15. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

Where ever have you seen obese people in tango? Graciela is not obese. I would not be sure she is even overweight by medical standards. Have you seen her in person? In fact, she looks tiny.

itwillhappen likes this.
  16. Lilly_of_the_valley

Not for the benefit of the troll, everything is clear about him by now... but for everyone else. There are ladies who are not a ballerina weight, and yet amazing followers and a delight to dance with. This lady, for example, is among the favorites of many best dancers in Buenos Aires.

17. itwillhappen

itwillhappen Active Member

Everyone is free to compare average shopping mall customers with average tango dancers - every day, male and female.

A milonga is one thing, nearly all women there are "attractive enough" for me.
    With my year of experience most time I simply do mirada/cabeceo and enjoy the enjoyable dances.

A class, workshop or event where I spend much time and money is a totally other thing.
    All my partners there are "attractive" for me. They know it and the use it!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Lilly_of_the_valley likes this.
  18. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

For every time he says fat or obese substitute the following words: dark skinned, gay, foreign, or any word that these sad people use to vilify and compartmentalize the people that they feel justifies their racism and hate. Judging people on their looks is what simple minds use to explain their ignorance and rationalize their small mindedness.

Oliver likes this.
  19. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Well-Known Member

Made a chart
    Partner criteria.jpg

20. Lilly_of_the_valley

A perceived dancing ability is somewhat subjective too. One may pay attention how well she holds the music with her feet, how comfortable her embrace looks... another how high her legs fly up on boleos. :)
    And of course, not everyone, by far, finds young women with a ballerina body type most attractive, either. :)