Dancers Anonymous > Where is everyone tonight?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 30, 2003.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

You better say "out dancing!" :wink:

Almost no one's been around all afternoon and evening... was there some big event that I didn't know about??? :?

2. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

sorry... school-- as much as I would prefer to be out dancing!

3. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

Oh you are coming out dancing all right. If I have to drag you by the paws... :wink:

4. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Out flirting. I mean dancing......

Cheers
    Sarah

5. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Why not flirting and dancing at the same time? I'm busy packing for a much needed vacation...of course that won't stop me from going to Lindy class tonight. :)

6. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

Practicing a dance performance for Saturday, then out to a dance.

7. will35

will35 New Member

Out dancing. I try to dance every night, even if it is just with my wife at home.

8. Sarah

Sarah New Member

How'd you guess? I can walk and chew gum at the same time, too ;)

Cheers
    Sarah

9. danceguy

danceguy New Member

That must be why you're so comfortable courting two men at once. :p

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Sad but true. In and not dancing. :oops: :cry: Long day today. Think I'll go out tomorrow and/or Sunday night. But tonight, cartoons and early to bed. :eek: :lol: Oh yeah. And ice cream. :D

11. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

Doing a major cleaning of the house...my parents are coming up to see me tomorrow from RI. Funny, I never thought I'd be like that you know? "oh mom is coming over I must clean" but Now I realize people do it because they want their parents to feel like they raised their children to be respectable clean human beings. So here I am cleaning while my sweetiepie is out dancing..ho hum.

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Out dancing, and now dance foruming...

I too do the cleaning out of the flat/appartment, giving it a special going over, except in my case it is when the relatives come over. No fear of my parents showing up on my doorstep. :( After all they are thousands of miles away in Goa, the dance happening place of India. :) (I'm not biased -- most people who know India say that. That's one of the number one attractions for the locals when they have a holiday.) If you visit India and what to get some dancing on make sure you don't miss it.

13. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Was out dancing... now back and catching up on all the most recent DF action...

I'll be doing the apartment cleaning thing in the morning...

14. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Dancing last night. Sleeping this morning. Now I have to make chocolate mousse, but what I really need is a nap. Housework can wait zzzzzzzzz

Cheers
    Sarah

15. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

At home again...while bruce is out dancing again...it's so depressing. This weekend has really s*cked. Excuse my language. This is what life will be like without dancing. I'd better get used to it. Someday it will be my reality. Hopfully though that will be many years from now. :roll:

So what to do? Well I bought Finding Nemo today so I suppose I could watch that. I could study for a Praxis exam I have next weekend....hmmm whine whine whine

16. pygmalion

No. N. O. Why does your reality ever have to include NOT dancing? Just dance. There are always ways to do whatever you want.

17. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

Gee my last post sounded really depressing, lol. (don't mind me sometimes I'm a bit dramatic)

To answer your question Jenn,l I actually have an permanent injury to my right foot that limits the amount of high impact exercising I can do. My doctor would kill me if he knew how often I dance and how high impact it is. Anyhow, eventually I'm going to have to have a surgery to fuse all the bones in my right foot together, which in turn will take the shock absorbtion and flexibility out of my foot - making high impact activities impossible. :( But you know it's not so bad because you never know how long away that will be. So I have each day to focus on how much I enjoy this dancing and appreciate it each day. :)

There are plenty of other things I enjoy doing, just that this is probably the most important one to me at the moment. But I decided that when I have to stop dancing like this I am going to either start or join a band as a lead vocalist. It's something I've wanted to do for so long, but right now wouldn't be practical since I like dancing so much. It's something to look forward to. :)

18. pygmalion

Hmm. I thought you were talking abut something else -- other than physical limitations.

Now that I know what you're saying, hmm. Get a second opinion, and decide what you want. Maybe you can dance some, anyway. :? I hope.

19. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Good luck with all that SwinginBoo! I actually have heard that "Finding Nemo" is good, though I haven't seen it myself!

You never know. Until it happens you still have your dancing. Then there always are the slower sensual dances, that aren't as high impact... I actually love jump swing (high octane version of ECS) and tonight at the ballroom dance social I went to no-one seemed up to that :cry: I just toned it down and made it more groovy, low impact to match the follows. It still was a pretty good time.

I got to learn the samba and hustle now. I didn't know how to do that when the music played.

20. pygmalion

I saw some jump swing done the other day. Looks like total fun to me. :D I'm going to try this, big time. One of the local high school teams is into it. Definitely on my list of fun things to try. :D