Tango Argentino > Where to start?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by dbk, Aug 6, 2009.

1. dbk

dbk Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your help! :D

Workshops sound like they'll be what I'm looking for... then probably a bunch of privates. Thanks for the reading material to!

2. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

Some excellent advice has been given. I suggest you & your BF not fall into the trap of dancing only with each other in workshops or classes. I've seen some couples who have spent a lot of time & money learning to compensate for each other. They can dance with each other and do something that looks AT-ish, but neither can dance AT very well.

3. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

dbk,

Since you said you are in Connecticut, this might be worth checking out. I will tell you that I've heard this band (InfiniTango) before, and they can play.

ARGENTINE TANGO DANCING IN BLUE BACK SQUARE
    65 MEMORIAL RD.
    WEST HARTFORD, CT. 06107

HARTS is pleased to announce that we have been invited by the management of Blue Back Square to dance from 7:30 – 9:30 PM in the “Square” (weather permitting) on:
    Thursday, August 13th (THIS Thursday, LIVE MUSIC ... read below)

August 13th will be special because all of you will be treated to Live Music provided by InfiniTango! Angelo will DJ between sets. The evening will go like this:

7:30-8:00 (ish) PM: Angelo DJs Traditional Tangos
    8:00-9:00 (ish) PM: Live Music by InfiniTango
    9:00-9:30 PM: Angelo DJs Alternative Tangos

4. SmilingMan

SmilingMan New Member

Michael Stavola

Why don't you start with Michael Stavola. Michael is responsible for the ballroom dancing clubs in Fairfield University and Sacred Heart University. Michael has instructed at Norwalk Community College, numerous schools throughout Connecticut as well as the adult continuing education programs for Fairfield and other locales. Locally, he teaches the summer ballroom dance classes for the Fairfield Parks and recreation and runs after school ballroom programs for the Easton Recreation Department. Try to find something for him in web and you won't be disappointed.