Dancers Anonymous > Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I've had fraudulent charges posted on my debit card...on more than one occasion, their fraud monitoring program alerted me to possible fraudulent activity. It has worked just like a credit card...the questionable charges were investigated, and I was not responsible for the amount...while being investigated...and once cleared, it was fine.

2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Major whine...yesterday I hit my little toe on the door jam in the laundry room, and managed to break it ...the toe is swollen, and it hurts...no dancing for me for awhile...:(

3. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Reading a really good book, and am really into the story... only to discover, in the middle of my bus ride home, that it's missing 40+ pages about halfway through :(

(Called the publisher, and they're shipping a replacement copy, but that was of little consolation last night.)

4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHH I feel your pain. (what book? I need something new to read)

5. FancyFeet

The Perfume Collector, by Kathleen Tessaro

j_alexandra likes this.
  6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Update: Had little toe checked, only a bad sprain, not broken...have toe taped to its neighbor...still hurts, but manageable...no dancing this week...hope to make it to Veteran's Day dance event...

j_alexandra likes this.
  7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Cold, rain, dreary, cloudy for a week with only a couple of short breaks. Two weeks? I've lost track. Stupid Chicago weather. And I just ate absolute garbage for dinner because the weather is too crappy to go back out. Fridge foraging - bleh. Should have ordered a pizza.

I feel a head cold coming on.

A new coworker walks into a meeting, sits across the room from me (no conference table), crosses her very long legs and kicks off her 4-in stilleto heels. Savagely unprofessional, but yet strangely compelling...

And I'm out of freakin' sangria.

Oh, the humanity!

Purr and j_alexandra like this.
  8. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

Sorta like this?

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  9. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

was the first thing that snapped to my mind.

Purr and Joe like this.
  10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

That's the first thing that came to mind, too.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

12. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

well i was coming to complain about my companies jerking me around on my contract, and then the guy who didn't renew me bringing up the Weinstein sexual harassment and abuse allegations as a joke to "lighten the mood". and then i saw the above posts and i'm grossed out again.

13. FancyFeet

Winter arrived while I was sleeping :(

14. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

This is not a political forum...but..

15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

The two most dreaded words among Porsche owners are "IMS bearing". Well, last weekend, I pulled my Boxster out of the garage to wash it. After I got done, I tried to start it to pull it back in, but it wouldn't fire. I figured I had just gotten the ignition wet -- I've had that happen before. I pushed it back into the garage and left it to dry overnight.

The next morning, I tried to start it. It took forever to start, and when it finally did, it sounded terrible and a bunch of white smoke came from the exhaust. I immediately shut it off. Now the engine won't crank. Uh oh... Had it towed yesterday. We'll see what the service shop comes up with next week. I'm hanging onto my wallet.

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I've heard about that, and it's one reason I went with a Vette rather than a P-car. Of course, the clutch pressure plate in the Vette failed, but I was able to handle that in my driveway—didn't need to tear into the engine.

cornutt likes this.
  17. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

People who want me to watch dance videos (either on their phone, or posted to my FB timeline), thinking I'm going to be amazed and awed by what they found.

I humored someone the other day who wanted to show me "the most amazing thing he'd ever seen" - it was a contemporary piece by a famous ballet dancer, he informed me that it had been viewed x-million times on YouTube and people had said it was life-changing. Don't get me wrong, it was excellent, but it turned out he hadn't even heard of "So You Think You Can Dance", and I didn't have the heart to tell him that is not my favorite style anyways. I think he was disappointed that I wasn't totally blown away, since he shut it off before the end.

sbrnsmith likes this.
  18. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

So the Boxster has a blown head gasket. That might be relatively good news. They're going to pull the head and have a look inside the cylinders. If there is no block or piston damage, we'll either get a machine shop to clean the head up, or get a remanufactured one, and put it back together. If there is block damage, the engine is a goner. If there is piston damage, they're going to have to give me a quote for cracking open the engine (which is a lot of work with a boxer engine), and replacing the piston. But that means the entire bottom end has to come apart, and they might open it up and then find out the crank is bent or something else nasty. So cost-wise, it might not be worth it. I'll have to make that decision when we get there.

19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

20. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Stoopid Chi-caw-gah weather.

And I can't head south for awhile.

Oh, the humanity!