Salsa > Who can tell me sth about this dancer

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by shdni, Nov 10, 2005.

1. shdni

shdni New Member

Hi,all,I just registered here,I am from Shanghai China.

Last time when I was viewing some video clips from a website,I found a very gorgeous man whose style is so smooth and fluid,but I know nothing about him,just collected some of his social dancing performances of NY Congress.
    Here is one:
    media.putfile.com/nyc6

Who can do me this favor,many thx.

2. Kali Ma

Kali Ma New Member

Hello, shdni! Welcome to the forums! :)

The man in that clip is Neeraj Maskara. He is from Mumbai (Bombay), India, and lives in Switzerland. He teaches and performs regularly at European congresses, and is currently partnering with Ania Chagaskowa (I think that's her last name) from Salsa Libre, a Polish salsa dance group. In the clip, he is dancing with Magna of Mambotribe, from Toronto, Canada.

And, yes, he's not terribly hard on the eyes! ;)

For anyone who wants to see the clip (and doesn't already know this), it is located at www.mamboston2.com
    The clip is nyc6.wmv in category 'NYC2004'. You must be registered to view videos on the site, but registration is free.

3. Kali Ma

Kali Ma New Member

Oops, I just realised I got the wrong guy, there! Sorry 'bout dat! :(

I can't identify the guy in the video you were actually referring to; anybody else have any clues?

4. maurice_levy

maurice_levy New Member

this guy is (i think is from NY) and his name is Milton.

5. shdni

shdni New Member

Got it,u r rite,he is Milton Cobo,I googled his name and found a page for his info,check this out:

salsacommunity.com/portal_ldu700/page.php?id=293

Thank u very much,Kali Ma & maurice levy.

6. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Yes! Yes! Yes! Milton Cobo! :banana: Milton Cobo! :banana:

For more info, see :arrow: cobobrothers.com :D

7. maurice_levy

maurice_levy New Member

btw any of u guys know where i could get video clips of Neeraj Maskara i've heard alot about him!!!

8. salsaForfun

salsaForfun New Member

i videotaped his last show, let me check if i still have it. I will ask him and if he agrees i can upload it somewhere.

9. africana

africana New Member

yeah milton mmm - very relaxed flavorful lead. danced with him twice, hope to make it 3 times next weekend :D

10. tacad

tacad New Member

I was thinking of another Milton. :lol:

11. lynn

lynn New Member

john milton??

12. tacad

tacad New Member

I'll PM you.

13. africana

africana New Member

:lol: :lol: no I'd rather supress my experience with the other milton
    :twisted:

14. shdni

shdni New Member

I recommend another performance of Milton here,the video is from Mamboston2.com,sorry I shouldn't publish the links here cuz it's tortious,but I really wanna show it(so I make some change of the url,add 2 blanks among the "www",b4 u watch it,revert it back):

w w w.mamboston2.com/Congress/videogal/albums/BACII/BA32.wmv

15. shdni

shdni New Member

BTW,it's really amazing that Milton's major in university is exactly the same with me——“Electrical Engineering”!

16. genEus

genEus New Member

Yes, both James and Milton work at IBM in Raleigh as electrical engineers.

17. yola

yola New Member

:nope: NOPE!!! Did you'all check the vid? it's DEFINITELY Neeraj Maskara!! I recognize him by his long arms :wink:. i danced with him couple of times. hmmmm yummy.:p:notworth:.
    Saw his new show in Berlin and Wuppertal (i think). loved it. lovely flowing choreography and very nice interaction between the pair of them.

18. yola

yola New Member

So you were right the first time after all! Did you know Super Mario is originally from India as well?

19. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

The one Shdni was speaking of is Milton Cobo :arrow: media.putfile.com/nyc6

20. yola

yola New Member

ow? oops, my mistake... sorry guys.

i cant open the putfile, but since they both are called nyc6, i supposed it was the same clip Kali Ma named (that one i cán download)..