Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Who could replace Carrie Ann?

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by chachachacat, Feb 5, 2006.

1. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

With all the complaints about Ms. Not A Ballroom Dancer, what female ballroom judge do you think would be good in this role?

2. Laura

Laura New Member

Thing is, except for Carrie-Ann's really nasty comment about Stacy being as good as the pros, she's had a lot of really on-the-mark feedback.

If they were to get, say, Mary Murphy, then please tranquilize her first so she's not screaming through the whole show. I value Mary's opinion and love her enthusiasm, but she was definitely over the top at times on "So You Think You Can Dance?"

I'd suggest Charlotte, but that would be too upsetting to people who were rabid Kelly fans from last time.

We need someone young-looking, female, pretty, knowledgeable, and articulate to completely fill the Carrie-Ann slot. Someone who had done 10-Dance. Diana McDonald?

I don't know, I'm grasping at straws here.

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Larinda!

4. Laura

Laura New Member

I was trying to think of people who weren't competing in pro events any more -- but yeah!

5. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

mind is blank on ladies.... however I can think of a couple male pros who are both incredibly knowledgeable and have a very entertaining personality, that I would love to see as judges on the show.

6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I don't know that it has to be a ballroom judge, just so long as a non-ballroom one is intelligent enough not to try commenting on the ballroom specific elements of any couple's performance. That being said, in response to CCCC's question, I'd think that Toni Redpath would be great.

7. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Julie Fryer would be good too. But I don't think that will be practical since Louis is her ex-partner.

8. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

Nice ;-)

Mary is going to be on the road with So You Think You Can Dance season 2, so I doubt the networks (Fox/ABC) would want to share her, even though she has some low-key background involvment with the DWTS cast.

I would 2nd SD's suggestion of Toni, especially since she has proven herself in Standard, Latin AND Smooth on the competition floor. Care to start a petition ;-)

Also, San Diego is a short commute away...

9. Laura

Laura New Member

So this means she's going to be an audition judge? I think that's a great idea! Last time it seemed that Nigel was the only audition judge, but they'd bring in others from time to time. It will be interesting to see how season 2 shapes up.

10. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

I think that ballroom listeners hear comments the judges make on dancing, and assume that they are commenting on ballroom dancing, when in fact they aren't. Consider that Louis's response to the controversial samba criticism was to name the ballroom figures they danced - which was not the problem. It's not that they didn't dance something with a lot of samba elements, but that they didn't manage to sell the overall joint result as samba to someone without the expertise to recognize and give partial credit for the ballroom samba elements that were there.

11. Laura

Laura New Member

Nothin' says samba like feathers on the girl's butt.

12. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

or on her head... or Tony's.

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I think Kathryn schaffer or mirelle velliouix(sp?) would both be an absoulute scream

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

What!?!? :shock: The fruit bowl's out? :wink: :lol:

15. fascination

i'd like to see feathers on the guys butt personally;)

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

No way. That would obstruct the view. :lol:

17. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

boys in tight latin pants.... don't obstruct my view.

18. fascination

mmm that is a point

19. fascination

:confused: (and larinda please, don't say boys in tights it just takes all the sex appeal far away for me...conjures up icky images....now, men in snug attire...works much better)

20. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

men in tights...remember the song???