Swing Discussion Boards > Who did this version of Honeysuckle Rose?

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by benh, Aug 4, 2004.

1. benh

benh New Member

Hi all

I have a (poor quality) version of Honeysuckle Rose (originally by Fats Waller) and I am trying to find out who did this version, so that I can get it on CD. (Note that it's not a live version - the recording was originally a video of a performance, hence the crowd noise)

I have the first 1m15 odd as an MP3 at http://www.bens-house.org.uk/hsr_sample.mp3 - if you know who did this version, please can you let me know? It's really really nice to swing to (great breaks) :)

Thanks!

Ben

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

No luck yet, benh? Bummer. Maybe someone can log in and identify the artist for you. :?

3. MEEPEE

MEEPEE New Member

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi MEEPEE. Welcome, and thanks so much for the great resource. 8) :D

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to df MEEPE. And now back to our scheduled programming.

6. benh

benh New Member

Hi Meepee

Thanks for the resource - there is a similar one at http://www.allmusic.com that I checked out about 100 different versions on with no luck :)

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that someone recognises it though ...

Cheers,

Ben

7. benh

benh New Member

Wahey! Found out the answer - it was done by Maxine Sullivan on the album "A Tribute to Andy Razaf"

Just thought I'd share it with you all :)

Ben

8. suek

suek New Member

How did you find it? I listened to a zillion samples on iTunes w/no success. Way to go.

9. Doug

Doug New Member

So now I feel bad since I recognized the voice as Maxine Sullivan's :( but wasn't sure of the CD. Oh well.

10. benh

benh New Member

I found it by luck - I had sent a message to the person who I got the video from and they new the answer :)

It's a really nice version - I have ordered the CD now that I know which one it is ;)