Swing Discussion Boards > who does / likes aerials? - who does them regularly

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by luh, Feb 20, 2005.

?

Do you do aerials?

1. I do aerials regularly

100.0%
  2. I like aerials, but do them just rarely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I like them - but don't do them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't need aerials at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

We had a touring performance of "Swing" come to town a couple of years ago. I was a little disappointed because so much of it was the aerials - instead of smooth swing dancing. Most of the audience went crazy for the aerials too. But it was too athletic for my taste, more gymnastic than dancing.

2. luh

luh Active Member

you always have to know what you're doing. And you have to - sorry for this - pretty dumb, to break a followers rib while doing a dip. I mean really! Even if she falls of your knee (what shouldn't happen anyway - and has never happened to me), she most of the times just falls slowly on her back (i saw that once happen at our club).
    I think it is very sad that it happens here almost not, - doing dips. It was standard where i learned it, and is part for me while dancing. And here in germany where i dance, almost nobody knows dips. :(

maybe that's a thing for swingSTers ;)
    luh

3. Parlour_Music_Only

Parlour_Music_Only New Member

I dance denver and colorado springs and few of any of the lindy hoppers do aerials. Not all aerials require practice and I like to think I lead them well.

I think there are some follows that don't like them. But there are some follows that just LOVE, LOVE them. Diciphering which of the two is who on cue, is diffuclt to do. Be aware of the injury comment made earlier