General Dance Discussion > Who gets asked to dance

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by suburbaknght, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

Dressing in brighter colors and/or more provocative cuts do help in attracting attention. For the ladies who dance well, they do not need to do this as their actions will attract the attention from the right guys. For those who are not as skilled, they have to stand out in other manners.

Most guys go to a social to dance. It doesn't have to be great dancing, just good enough (for their abilities) to make it enjoyable. If the ladies that they're dancing with are dressed nicely, it makes for a nice evening.

2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Methinks the Gen is pulling some collective chains here. LOL!

Bailamosdance likes this.
  3. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

I pretty much look for ballroom shoes anywhere I dance. Smelling good/clean is a bonus. :)

4. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

So... Ballroom shoes are catnip for femme social dancers?

TemptressToo likes this.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

6. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

For me at least ;) ...says you are serious. I'll honesty dance with anyone that asks though. I don't like WCS, but endured an entire dance that consisted of ONLY the sugar push with an 80 year old man. :)

7. fascination

IF I was on the prowl as well looking to dance, that would be another matter....IF I was on the prowl, I would respond favorably to the following (in no particular order);

a good haircut
    nice hands and teeth
    a pleasant clean scent
    pressed dress casual clothing
    clean shoes
    manners
    comfortable in one's own skin. listening or talking
    ...there are other personal attributes that tend to ping my radar but I will abstain from sharing them :)

Purr likes this.
  8. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

What kind of look for a man appeals at a social? after I've sat out a few and watched, I want to dance with the man who looks like he can dance. I"ve danced with men in shorts, men with beards and ponytails and the Hawaiian shirts that go with them, men in polo shirts and khakis, men in jeans and a black tshirt, men in business suits. I'm looking for a dancer, not his wardrobe.

I recently went to a social and my last dance of the night was with a man who had hygiene issues; his sweat-stained tshirt hadn't been washed recently, and there was perhaps a touch too much garlic in his diet on a regular basis, as his sweat stank of it. He was an amazing dancer and it was one of the finest dances I"ve ever had at a social. He looked slightly like Jabba the Hutt, he smelled like borscht, he led like a dream. Would I dance with him again? I pray that he'll show up again and ask me. Would I prefer that he was cleaner/better dressed? I don't give a rat's. It's sweat; it washes off. He moves like a god, and he moves me where I need to go, in time with the music, in a clear direction, with an indication of power that I can understand in time to follow it. Win.

dancelvr likes this.
  9. fascination

i am with you on everything but smell...i am uber sensitive on the good and bad side...I get the heaves

10. Generalist

Generalist Active Member

Why would a man not want that?

11. Generalist

Generalist Active Member

It's not surprising that some women would knock me for stating the obvious. I don't know if it's feminism or puritanism, but there are lots of women in our society that think females should not be judged by their appearance. Like that's ever going to happen!

What surprises me is that we haven't had any women post that they dress certain ways to attract the attention of men. Should we conclude that women put no thought into their dress before they dance -- so whether they attract the attention of men or not is just a matter of coincidence?

12. fascination

I am removing myself from this conversation... it serves no useful purpose

nikkitta likes this.
  13. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Dude: DRESSING ATTRACTIVELY IS NOT THE SAME AS FLASHING BOOBS AND BUTT!

Purr, dancelvr, leee and 3 others like this.
  14. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Feminism is not a bad thing. Sexually objectifying people who are not looking for it is. To be very, very clear, my issue is with the whole panty-flashing thing and getting one's jollies from ladies who aren't actually looking for that sort of attention. I don't think anyone here is saying that looks are a complete non-factor. Just that it sure would be nice if we respected our dance partners enough to not ogle them when it hasn't been made damned clear that they want it.

dancelvr, leee, Gorme and 4 others like this.
  15. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

Very well put.

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

FTFY.

17. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Yes, depends on the perv's definition of "attractive" o_O

Ailuene and leee like this.
  18. j_alexandra

not that I'm eager to add fuel to the flare-skirt-panties-viewing fire, but truth is truth.

Last night at a social I've attended many times, someone new to me showed up. She was very attractive, had a very fit body, and wore a dress that fit her beautifully, with a skirt that was very full and flared a lot when she spun. Which is when I discovered she was wearing a thong.

She danced almost all night. I, in my much-more-covered dress and my not-so-fit body, watched.

Just sayin'.

Gorme and Bailamosdance like this.
  19. j_alexandra

Watched the dancers, not her thong. (I needed to make that clear).

Loki, Purr, TemptressToo and 2 others like this.
  20. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

my female dance pro that I started with 13 years ago once said

there are two kinds of girls that dance all night...

the good ones and the hot ones

seem still true