General Dance Discussion > Who gets asked to dance

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by suburbaknght, Dec 9, 2007.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

some attention one can do without

2. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Only if they're real Swarovski, Me. :)

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

not surprised. have mentioned a few times that when i've worn my red silk latin halter dress out latin dancing, i rarely gotten a chance to sit down, lol...

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

dear lord... wouldn't that be something...

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yep

6. fascination

but I prefer the corset to the haltar dress b/c the corset yeilds the same attention without the guy having to place his hand on my bare (and profusely sweaty) back

7. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Is a corset comfortable while dancing though?

8. fascination

as long as it is tight enough to keep things in order

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yes, that i understand

10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Dye your hair purple. :D

11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Up to a certain point, a real corset does great things for the posture. When you reach a point where you have to bend forward any significant distance, though, not so much. (I'm talking about a boned corset that actually constricts my waist about four inches when laced correctly. I wore it for the Halloween party.) My friend tried to show me this move in Swing that involved my bending forward and going back under his arm, and I got about 45 degrees over and couldn't go any farther. I said "I can't!" He didn't understand and asked "What do you mean, you can't?" "I can't bend over that far in this!"

12. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Dear god almighty! Breathing while standing still is enough of a p.i.t.a. in a corset for me, I can't imagine even trying to dance in the thing! Never mind the fact that with the first under-arm turn (or anything else that involved raising my arm above about shoulder level, never mind the bouncing thing going on in swing, no matter how I minimize it) the dance would cease to be legal in public.

What kind or corset do you have that's danceable?!?! (And where can I get me one?)

13. Peaches

Heh. DH was laughing at me this past weekend over something similar. I wore my corset somewhere, and just threw on a pair of shoes to walk from the house to the car. Well, once we got to where we were going I wanted to change into my nice shoes. Lemme tell you, it was one hell of a project trying to reach my freakin' feet to untie, switch, and then retie my shoes. And my corset is even all stretchy, not a real one like yours.

14. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Lol, yeah. I had some issues getting my dance shoes on, that's for sure! Thank goodness I have the kind with hooks, and didn't have to really do the buckles. I'd probably have blacked out. (Answer to the number 1 question I'm asked when wearing it: Yes, it hurts. But it gives me cleavage, which even Victoria's Secret can't do, and an even narrower waist, which is already the narrowest point of my body. So I can tolerate a little pain. Just be glad I had my dance shoes, and not what I usually wear wtih it, four-inch stilleto sandals.)

15. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Now I'm wondering where I can find a dancable corset.

16. fascination

Charlotte Russe

17. fascination

another fine reason to wear court shoes

18. fascination

:cool:I didn't say it was comepletely without it's risks:cool:

19. Peaches

I have to buckle my court shoes, which takes more time than the simple tie on my AT shoes.

20. fascination

buckle? court shoes?