General Dance Discussion > Who gets asked to dance

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by suburbaknght, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

Hrmpf, women. Start talking about shoes and corsettes when the thread was about getting asked to dance. How would you feel if I started to talk about breasts with fellow male members, then we had covered 90% of this planets gossip. It's like Seinfeld says: it's entirely possible that aliens have landed here, we just haven't spotted them because we're so occupied with shoes and breasts. ;)

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

agree with you about shoes...entirely overrated...BUT...SIR...a corset is how a woman gets asked to dance...entirely on topic

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Mary Jane-style.

4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Can't wear one...at least for dancing...;)

5. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

I'm sure a guy would ask a lady to dance if she wore this:
    [​IMG]

Looks like a danceable corset to me! AND it's RED lol

6. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

This is extremely off topic! I highly recommend we start another thread devoted to breasts.

The above observation is sarcastic and intended to be humorous. The suggestion is not.

7. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

I volunteer for risk assessment duty.

8. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

:raisebro: :raisebro: :raisebro:

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I think that was a yes.......... :rolleyes:

10. fascination

I can see that folks are beginning to get into the holiday spirit around here ;)

11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Er... the last time we did that, several of us almost got banned. :rolleyes:

12. fascination

correct again...and, I might reiterate...corsets were on topic as we were discussing whether or not various attire, colors etc...gets one more dances

13. Tenehill

Tenehill New Member

I understand; I agree with your observations about black, maybe to a lesser degree, though.

I personally dislike full black costumes. They depress me and induce sad feelings in me.

Full coverage in black doesn't fit most ladies, no matter whether they are thick, normal, or thin. Sometimes it is OK if the lady has long blond hair and the dress is not very long and she doesn't have black stockings or socks on.

When I see a lady dressed in black from top to bottom, in black stockings, in black shoes, with dark hair, I feel miserable, I ask myself: why such a punishment for us? Can't she afford something better? Does she need advice? Especially Chinese ladies tend to be in black - and they are not thick usually. Together, a group of black-dressed women makes an even worse impression.

It is my thought about their approach to own dressing and self-expression that somewhat hinders me asking them to dance, other things being equal.

14. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

Hence the humor disclaimer.

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

What makes you think so? Just because it's strapless?

16. lcdancesport

Well the description says it's a corset and it zips up in the back, different from a traditional one with pull straps making everything that much tighter. That and I think I need to go try it on myself and see if it is really danceable, but I don't think store employees would appreciate me dancing in the dressing room!

17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Au contraire - I did that testing out a skirt and they all started to drool with jealousy. A few rhumba walks and suddenly every attendant is in the changing room area....

:banana: Hows that for extreme rhumba walks by the way?

18. lcdancesport

Work it girl! Then start recruiting everyone :p

19. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Well, last week one dance teacher (female) mentioned having heard that viewing breasts is healthy for you and prolongs your life. I emailed her a famous TV clip from the 60's which would explain why Mickey Rooney has lived so long: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loTnVc-uhQM.
    (HINT: Mickey Rooney and Jayne Mansfield at the Academy Awards)

We now returned to the regularly scheduled topic.

20. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

To whether the breasts (both male and female) influence being asked to dance? Personally, I don't think so.