Country and Western > Who Have You Danced C&W With?

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by DancePoet, Aug 5, 2005.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Hi again folks ...

Who famous have you danced Country and Western with?

And who here on DF have you danced Country and Western with?

Feel free to share your stories and insights, too!

2. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

I feel sad to say I have danced with no one famous and I don't believe I've ever even met someone from DF... :cry:

3. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I have danced socially.(mambo) and WC swing with Robert Royston.
    I have danced everything with Ed Van Ornum.
    :D
    He competed CW for a while there.

4. dancergal

dancergal New Member

I danced with Rob I. CW and WCS
    Richard Kear CW and WCS (we used to attend his classes)
    Jordan Frisbee (WCS)
    Robert Campos (took a few privates)
    Kyle Redd (took a private)
    a few others that I can't remember. We attend a lot of dance conventions and sometimes we get to dance with some of the pros. It's great fun and they are wonderful to dance with.

I am still waiting to dance CW with DFer -Vince although we did do a WCS once or twice and;
    I've dance WCS a few times with SDGuy at the Reno event a year or so ago. That was a fun event!

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I really wanted to ask you to 2 Step when we were there standing around talking, but I was not in the best of shape (quite ill) that entire weekend, and I didn't want to spread anything around by joining hands in dance!

Carolyn didn't even know I was ill . . . I faked it all weekend until after she danced and got her results, so she wouldn't worry about me and could savor the moment of taking First Overall . . . then I told her!

Are you and W going to make San Jose next month? San Diego in October?
    World's @ Las Vegas in December? We also discussing going to Texas in Nov.

6. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Hi Vince, I hope you know I was kidding. :wink: I know you didn't feel well. You're a trouper to not let Carolyn know. What a guy.

Yes, we're going to San Jose for the South Bay Labor Day dance convention but that should be it for awhile. I don't have much vacation time at my new job, so unless it's a local convention, we won't be going. It will be nice to be in San Jose again. Miss my friends.

Hope to see you both there.

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

OK, we'll see you there . . . Carolyn is the ame with her new job and vacation . . . she is fortunate that her employer is understanding about dancing, and that it comes first - before her job! J/K

Save me that C&W dance, maybe a two step? Even though that's my worst dance - I'm not a great fan of C&W dancing, but I do appreciate someone who can do it well . . . and I'm learning . . . fighting it, but learning.

PS. We really liked the Carefree, AZ area - that state is growing on us!

8. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Ok, I'll hold you to that dance. I have steel toe boots..... j/king. :D

Wayne liked Carefree too. We thought we'd drive up some weekend when it gets a little cooler and have a look around the town. It's look really interesting.

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Well . . . you can't say you weren't forwarned!

We're going back in November to do some further looking . . . I mean really looking.

We did visit a few developments . . . one had homes "starting in the low $800,000's" and another "began in the low $1,200,000's" :shock:

10. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Oh my gosh, where were you looking? :shock: You must be checking out the ritzy millionaires neighborhoods. Housing prices are going up but I don't think that's the medium house prices. Cool if you guys are seriously looking. It would be nice to see some more familiar faces here.

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

We started checking out houses when we turned off of 101 to Pima Ave all the way to Carefree . . .

Yep, we're serious . . . although she cannot transfer until after Feb '06.

12. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Well, that's very cool, Vince. February is not that far away and it will give you time to look around. Hope you find something that you will like. We love it here. :D Let me know if you need a real estate agent. The one we used is very good. If you would care for his name, send me a PM. (ps, he lives in our neighborhood).

13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Thank you . . . I'll keep that in the back of my mind . . . and when I need it, I'll get in touch!

14. gitjiggy

gitjiggy New Member

I miss competing

Hope to get back into UCWDC next year. Wanna start the swing and salsa circuits also.

15. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Re: I miss competing

Kewl, let me know what events you'll be going to . . .

16. dancergal

dancergal New Member

17. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Sorry . . . I think I saw you twice the whole weekend . . . "Congrats" to Wayne in the J&J's . . .

I struggled so much with my dance this past weekend . . . nothing felt right. My 2 Step and WCS in Just Dance really sucked . . . I just can't dance with the person I was dancing with, but she asked me, so I did!!! I don't I ever want to 2 Step again.

My Pro-Am WCS sucked even worse . . . 9 competitors in my division, and I came in 47th place! I "owe" all the judges my old plaques back!!!

Think I'll go back to makin' music. You guys going to San Diego?

18. dancechica

dancechica New Member

I've socially danced swing and 2-step with Robert Royston, Ronnie DeBenedetta, Toby Munroe, and Rob I. I live in San Diego and go to Starlight all the time, so I see Aaron and Tiff, Ronnie, and Brandi when she was there. OMG if Robert Royston's intensive comes to your town, TAKE IT! It is so cool.
    In swing I've danced socially with Jordan, Kyle, both Royston and Robert Cordoba, Arjay Centeno, Parker Dearborn (also at Starlight), Michael Kiehm (owns Starlight) and I helped Jordan teach a workshop when he was in San Diego; that was a lot of fun.

19. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Awww Vince don't give up. I've had those days and more. I'm sure you just need practice to make your dancing better. You can do both, make music and dance to it.

Not sure about San Diego, most likely not, but we talked about it so we'll see.

20. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Super cool dancechica. You're lucky to be around so many Pros.

Robert Cordoba and Debra were in AZ a few weekends ago. They stopped by with friends at a small nightclub where we were dancing with our friends and Robert asked me to dance. He's a very nice leader and fun too.