Salsa > Who Have You Danced Salsa With?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by DancePoet, Aug 5, 2005.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Hi folks! :D

I'm not a die hard Salsa dancer, but here's a topic ...

Which famous Salsa Dancers have you had the opportunity for a dance?

Which DF members have you had the opportunity for a Salsa dance?

Feel free to share your stories and insights, too! 8)

2. Pacion

Pacion New Member

A lady does not "kiss and tell" :wink: :lol: :kissme:

3. DancePoet

Well ... that could rule you out. ;) :lol: :kissme:

4. Pacion

Pacion New Member

5. DancePoet

Ah, but did you get to dance with anyone famous listed on that thread or maybe someone else? ;)

6. tacad

tacad New Member

I danced foxtrot with Teryl Jones. Is she famous?

7. DancePoet

Tacad, I'll set up a thread for ballroom on this topic, ok? Lets keep this one for Salsa. :D

8. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I danced Mambo with Enio Cordoba. FUN!!!!

9. DancePoet

CCCCat, there's a thread for ballroom, too. ;) Some Salsa Dancers may not take kindly for you including mambo here. 8)

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

lol! Hey! We aren't snobbish! :p :lol: Besides, Enio would, most likely, in all probabilty, been dancing Mambo, the forefather of salsa, rather than Ballroom mambo :wink:

11. gte692h

gte692h Member

i dance with myself everyday, and I am famous ;)

okay, not really. But allow me to dream

12. DancePoet

Well ... I'm sure I have much to learn regarding Salsa. ;) 8)

13. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Pssst DP... Google is fun :wink: I must introduce the two of you sometime :lol:

-www.letsdancela.com/teachers.shtml

14. DancePoet

Have you danced with him? ;)

15. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

That's who CCCC said she'd danced with!

16. Big10

Big10 Member

I guess "fame" is relative, but there is a performing couple out of Canada named Pawel & Dora, and I danced with Dora when they did a show in Houston. She was probably the first out-of-state "pro" I ever approached for a dance. I have also danced a couple of times with Leah from Descarga Caribe (based in Chicago). Leah is an excellent dancer and a really sweet person! :applause: There are a few more dancers from Texas that local people would know, but it's unfortunate that not many people outside of Texas are aware of the highly talented Salseras we have here.

It has only been the past year or so that I have felt confident enough to even ask some of the professionals to dance. I remember chit-chatting with Liz Lira a few years ago when she performed in Houston. She was much tinier than I imagined, but a really nice person. (I hope that sentence came out right, since I don't mean to imply that tiny and nice are inconsistent! :lol: ) She happened to be standing by herself next to me, just drinking some water near the dance floor. I made small conversation by giving her a couple of compliments on her performance (with Alex Da Silva at the time), yet there was no way I would have asked her to dance back then! :oops:

So far, the only one is africana, and I danced with her before she was a DF member. Does that count? :wink: As a dancer, she is definitely as unique and energetic as she projects in her posts! 8) Africana can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I was the one who turned her onto the concept of visiting/posting on Salsa-related message boards....for better or worse! :twisted:

17. Pacion

Pacion New Member

In addition to CCC dancing with him, yes I have :lol: "back in the days when I was shy, green and wet behind the ears" :oops: :lol: so, was unable to utilise the opportunity entirely. Oh, and I also dance with Francisco Vazquez, without knowing who he was, other than being Luis Vazquez' brother :lol: - had danced with Luis and had NO IDEA (that is how green I was :lol: ) that Francisco had "taught Luis all he knew" lol. I often wonder whether Francisco was (un)impressed that I didn't know who he was :lol:

As for who else I have danced with... more shall be revealed in the next instalment :lol:

18. Kali Ma

Kali Ma New Member

I wanna dance with Big 10!

Him nice (and undeniably smart) man!

19. africana

africana New Member

:raisebro: Yes you are wrong, and I correct you
    I was in the game long before I knew you posted online at various sites, infact I believe you only recently connected in the dots on my identity (after ~2years) ;)

20. africana

africana New Member

some when I visit Atlanta I will have hte chance to dance with the famed and women-offending gte (georgia tech right?)

I have danced with quite a few famous names, even lead a top famous lady once, after I took her workshop as a lead. the best dances are usually the ones where, like Pacion, I didn't know who they were