General Dance Discussion > Who is your favourite dancer?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by laurainesnelling, Jun 6, 2016.

1. laurainesnelling

laurainesnelling New Member

I am a huge fan of Allison Lynn Reed. I have seen her each dancing moves. Started this thread to know your opinion.Who is your favourite dancer and why you like them?

2. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

Is she an ice dancer?

3. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

If it is not limited to ballroom, my favorite dancers are Natalia Osipova , Diana Vishneva , ballet dancers

Leanna and pgbsimon like this.
  4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Loki

stash and MaggieMoves like this.
  5. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, I had a coach tell me that your favorite dancer better be yourself. Since so much practice is done into a mirror, you better enjoy watching yourself. :D

6. laurainesnelling

Yes, Allison Lynn is an ice dancer. You are correct! If you know great dancer like her you can post her/his name along with the reason why do you like her/him.

7. laurainesnelling

That's true!! I like the honest answers.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  8. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Fred Astaire

9. laurainesnelling

My another fav is Alex Da Silva

10. Partner Dancer

Partner Dancer Well-Known Member

By inference and extrapolation, at some point, one's favorite instructor/coach would
    be oneself. After all, no one knows (or should know) you better than yourself.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  11. laurainesnelling

How could I forget my most favorite's moves and moon walk.
    Michael Jackson!!

KPomPom likes this.
  12. armaniperez112

armaniperez112 New Member

Michael Jackson all the way! He is a total performer. I like his smooth moves when dancing.

13. pgbsimon

pgbsimon New Member

Sylvie Guillem and Alessandra Ferri, bliss and gorgeousity <3 Love them for their legs, feet, extension, musicality... but most of all I love Alessandra's exquisite emotional range. Her Juliet still makes me cry to this day.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    KPomPom and Leanna like this.
  14. pgbsimon

pgbsimon New Member

Love Osipova! Did you know she started out as a rhythmic gymnast? I believe a back injury forced her to make a career change. Unfortunate for her gymnastic dreams, but glorious for the dance world.

15. laurainesnelling

Yes Osipova is awesome. Her moves are very graceful.

16. TomNice

TomNice New Member

Laurainesnelling, I noticed that Fred Astaire was given as an answer, but my favorite entertainer in part because of her dancing is Ginger Rogers. I’m interested if people would consider Ginger and Fred’s dancing to be ballroom dancing. One of my favorite scenes of them dancing is “Too Much Mustard” from The Story of “Vernon and Irene Castle.”

Tom,

17. Roney

Roney New Member

MJ is the evergreen dancer. I loved his performance.

18. ipap2

ipap2 New Member

Naoto always and forever

19. KPomPom

KPomPom Member

Agree! Agree! Agree! Sylvie Guillem has my heart always. I also really like the choreographers Mats Ek and Pina Bausch (I know the question was for dancers, but I just can't help myself.)