Country and Western > Why C&W dance?

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by pygmalion, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Yes on "I Walk The Line"

2. Quimbly

Quimbly New Member

I no doubt got involved in country dancing because of my wife. She loves country music and country dancing. I've always hated country music, and still do, pretty much. I find it corny, unoriginal, and just plain cheesey most of the time. There are a few exceptions, but not many. The funny thing is, I love country dancing, despite the music! For the longest time, two-step was one of my favorite dances, and today, I still loving bootin' it up when I get a chance. West Coast Swing is also one of my favorites, and that usually gets lumped into the country genre. You just can't deny a good dance when the dancefloor's got room and the rhythm is right, even if the music drives you crazy!

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It's supposed to be really good. I hope so, as a tribute to the man in black. :notworth: :) Reese Witherspoon is playing June Carter Cash, right?

4. pygmalion

Aw man! Ya just gotta love "somebody done wrong" songs. :wink: :lol: How can you call all that genuine emotion cheesy? (Just kidding. :) )

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Yes, Reese Witherspoon.

I'll want to see it after it's released on Video.

6. pygmalion

Has it been released yet? I know I saw a commercial for it today.

7. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

I don't even think it is in the theaters yet...

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

WEll when you guys see it let me know how much dancing is there and what you think about it, in addition to the plot etc and I can then decide whether to add it to my ever-growing list of dance-related movies to watch.

9. pygmalion

According to a Johnny Cash fan website, it gets released tomorrow, November 18.