General Dance Discussion > Why did you start dancing?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by ShyDancer, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

For me, it was repeated exposure to Dance Fever that inspired me to take lessons back in the 80's, and I started watching the ballroom competitions on PBS after that. :D First one I watched had Ron Montez and Liz Curtis (the 1988 edition I think) doing this smoking hot Cha-Cha that just inspired me to get better :mrgreen:

2. loftycat

loftycat New Member

When I was in university I ended up joining a ballroom dance club which was fairly popular and a couple of friends who had joined a year before also recommended it. I'm not sure what the main reason was but I was looking for a fun social activity and I wanted to take up something new and different. Among other things I had no clue how to dance, my posture was bad, I was looking for some exercise, I was the only guy in my immediate family and probably even my grandmother could out-dance me!! (ok maybe I'm exagerating but it still would have been close) Anyways like your typical guy I was too shy to consider taking up dancing before but now I had the perfect opportunity to learn in a very friendly environment.

Little by little I got more comfortable and confident and I've been dancing and loving it ever since. :)

3. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

The film 'flashdance' and the fact I kept dancing in my parent's front room ruining their carpet and flying over the couch.

I just snapped one day after a friend encouraged me to go dancing... I went to watch and the rest is history :cool: