Why do you dance?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Kits, May 5, 2010.

1. Kits

Kits New Member

I don't know why but whenever a dance instructor asks me that-I just wish that they wouldn't. I don't really know why I like to dance. Is the answer, because it makes me happy enough? Because it is building up my self esteem. I wish I had a better answer to it...How do you respond?
  2. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Those are great answers. They are part of why I dance, too. Instructors ask that so that they can tailor their teaching to their student's needs. Someone who says "I'm very competitive and want to win competitions" is different from someone who says "So I can have fun and meet new people at socials."
  3. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

4. Kits

Kits New Member

oh ok. I thought they are like looking for a deep answer. I told my one instructor yesterday that I like to dance because its my passion. My mind was blank because he just taught me all of this new stuff. I felt silly...
  5. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Passion runs pretty deep! :D
  6. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I'd probably say the same thing to him! nothing wrong or silly with what you said imo :cool: Passion is a strong word, means a lot of things :)
  7. Kits

Kits New Member

ah I see. Thanks guys :) I feel better now. My boyfriend can see its my passion. He told me the other day that he has never seen me so happy about something.
  8. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

I danced because I was forced to. I dance because it creates a world away from the one I am currently living in.
  9. Aura

Aura Active Member

Dancing is just as much a part of me as my arm or leg, and if it were taken I'd be devastated.
  10. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

a dream world...
  11. ktia85

ktia85 Member

I get this question a lot, and a lot of the time I dont know what to say. To be honest my reason has changed since I first started. At first I just wanted to learn to dance, now it has become a passion and I have become competitive with it.