Swing Discussion Boards > Why Do You Like To West Coast Swing???

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Vince A, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Mistakes will always happen . . . remember, if you are not making mistakes, you are not doing anything! Yo are where you should be . . . and you're probably much further along in Lindy than me.

And "too whipped?" Absolutely . . . and if you continue whipping, just like cream . . . you too will rise to the top!

2. dancin/dj

dancin/dj Member

lol :lol:

3. jon

jon Member

BTW, that was sort of an in-joke - "Fourplay" is the name of a choreographed WCS sequence for two couples involving frequent partner swaps. Well known ~7 years ago.

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Was it that long ago??? I remember it well, but maybe not well enough to actually do it!

5. swinginstyle

swinginstyle New Member

who currently teaches it?

6. jon

jon Member

Haven't heard of anyone teaching it in a while, or seen anyone doing it. It was a novelty. But I think it can be found on one of Carrie Lucas' videos.

7. Johnny Shoe Shine

Johnny Shoe Shine New Member

mmm.

mmm...Carla...(drool) Gotta love westie with Carla! (Chicago)

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Welcome, Johnny Shoe Shine. :D

9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to df Johnny Shoe Shine!! Glad to have you with us. :D

10. fashionlady

fashionlady New Member

I really like WCS because it allows me to be flirty....something I don't think is as possible with ECS or other ballroom dances. Plus the music that goes with it is a lot more cool than ECS. Not to mentioned the footwork is more fun!
    Someone may have already said this in the thread but I don't have time to read every single page, since I just joined and this thread has been going for a while. Hopefully, I'm the first! :D

11. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I'm certainly getting more of an education with body leads by learning WCS; it is this dance where I see it emphasized the most. :wink:

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Well..WCS is not really my thing, but perhaps it will grow onto me, like so many others have done? :)

13. Spitfire

That's what I thought as well Sagitta; I originally wrote it off as not being my kind of dance. Give it a shot and see. :)

14. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

"Welcome, Shoeshine Boy. You're humble and loveable."

"Bless you, sir!" (Chomp!)

(How many people are going to get that reference? :wink:

15. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

you're an Underdog fan?

16. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

8)

"The secret compartment of my ring I fill
    With an underdog super energy pill!"

"When Polly's in trouble I am not slow,
    It's hip, hip, hip, and away I go!"

17. Spitfire

Someone earlier made a post relating that after learning lindy it made ECS seem like "plain vanilla dancing". I will now freely admit that WCS has made me feel the same way, but I'll still enjoy doing ECS.

I may prefer chocolate, but also love vanilla. :mrgreen: