General Dance Discussion > Why do you love dancing?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Alsky, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Alsky

Alsky New Member

Hello lovely dancers!

I started Ballroom and Latin at the beginning of the year and have fallen head over heels (literally) in love with dancing. Even just learning how to hold yourself, having beautiful posture in and out of the studio has been a wonderful thing for my own confidence. Moving in sync to music and the lively bubbly post dance social atmosphere are also a huge bonus :)

What do you all love about dancing?

2. Alsky

Alsky New Member

Very true!

What do you personally like about Dancing, Latino2007?

3. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I love dancing because I love the way it makes me feel. It's as if there's no one else around (even if I'm performing) and I simply lose myself in the moment. I also enjoy the athletic level required to compete at a high level, and it makes me push my body even more.

Competing and winning are a nice byproduct too. ;)

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  4. Newdancer81

Newdancer81 Active Member

Well, I only started in April of this year and the things I like about it are:

a) Improved self confidence;
    b) Good stress reliever;
    c) Helps balance and transferring weight on feet quicker (e.g. I almost sprained my ankle recently because I fell a bit awkwardly but immediately moved some of my weight to the other foot so I wouldn't sprain one).

The one thing I don't like: it's expensive for lessons. :)

5. Alsky

Alsky New Member

Improved confidence is definitely a biggie for me. It's a compounding effect-- the more you dance, the more you learn to strut around with good posture, the fitter you get, the better you look and the more confident you get! It's wonderful. I had a tryout lesson with a potential partner so we may begin recreational competition very soon. Sooo excited :D

MaggieMoves and Mr 4 styles like this.
  6. Grateful

Grateful New Member

I like challenging myself & I know there's enough with learning to dance to keep me busy & challenged for the rest of my life. There is always something to improve upon.

raindance likes this.
  7. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I just simply love it. Something that years ago I wanted to give a try and have been hooked ever since.

8. tangomaniac

tangomaniac Active Member

Unleashes the human spirit and allows for deep connection with a stranger.

9. Pu251

Pu251 Member

Relax after the exhausted days

10. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Because it feels like it is exactly where I'm supposed to be and exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

IndyLady likes this.
  11. Among a lot of the other replies, I love being able to express myself through music. I love music, but I'm not a singer and my talents as a musician are very limited and, well, bad. Having a way to enjoy a song that doesn't make anyone's ears bleed really makes me happy!

And it's just so freaking fun!

tancos likes this.