Salsa > Why do YOU salsa dance?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by give_me_salsa, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to df Africana. Glad to have you onboard. :D

2. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Welcome to the formus Africana!!! Keep loving it and ride that wave with your heart and soul. :D :D

3. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Welcome Africana! Nice to have you here!

4. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I've only been taking salsa lessons for 3-4 months, so perhaps I am not yet to say a thing about why I keep on doing it. Right now, it's almost inexplicable. I salsa dance because... it appeals to me!

5. Twilight_Elena

I've only been taking salsa lessons for 3-4 months, so perhaps I am not yet to say a thing about why I keep on doing it. Right now, it's almost inexplicable. I salsa dance because... it appeals to me! It's more relaxed than ballroom, and it feels more like dancing: it's got the passion, the moves, and the play.

Twilight Elena

6. Sagitta

A salsa addict?

7. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

BORIKEN IS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE :D :D :D WELCOME!!!!:D

8. africana

africana New Member

thanks for the welcome guys :) love reading your posts

9. Sagitta

Great! :D Looking forward to seeing you post a lot more on df as well. :D

10. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Why do I dance salsa ? Well, I have asked myself that very question after reading it here.

I could not find an acceptable answer.

So I stoped dancing.

Thank you very much for spoiling the only good thing in my life...

OK, I'll let myself out [​IMG]

11. Sabor

Sabor New Member

simply, cause it appeals to my soul and expresses it naturally .. with no effort.. and gives me all the room i need to discover what i'm capable of feeling and doing.. free of all constraint.. at least spiritually if not physically.

12. Twilight_Elena

I believe I am! I have evidence...

Twilight Elena

13. Sagitta

Nice. :D

14. Twilight_Elena

Come to think of it, it's probably 80% liking the dance and 20% adoring the instructor, who's cute, funny, a great lead and a brilliant teacher.
    But that's not bad, is it? I still like the dance. I just like it danced the right way.

Twilight Elena

15. brujo

brujo New Member

so I can get on the list of men waiting to grope BrookeErin :shock:

16. IsabellaCruella

IsabellaCruella New Member

mmmm.... I dance salsa because it makes me feel so good. Yet, it also gives me an outlet (I am a very touchy, contact-ie person) where it is good I can get some of that energy out.

I love to go out to be admired though. It is a nice feeling to have when men want want you but they can't have you.

17. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Yeah, I'm like that too.

Rosa :)

18. l_simon_l

l_simon_l New Member

Hi all! This is my first post :D

Why do I dance salsa? Well... I play the trumpet in a salsa-band, and I didn't want to look like a stiff swede (which I am/was) :wink: So I started dancing... and now i can't stop

19. cvillarl

cvillarl New Member

Why do I started dancing?

The reasons because I started dancing where two. The first because who-knows-why, when I went out with my friends to a club I never danced, never. Although the music was appealing to me, I didn't feel like dancing, and if I tried, felt bad (and looked worse). The second because I've always been a shy person and few touchy, not to talk about the opposite sex... So, what's the better way to defeat an enemy? Attacking him! Now I feel like dancing, and dance (at least as worse as the rest of the people) and now I'm less shy and more touchy (more or less, becouse I still tend to dance in open distance).

Why do I moved to salsa dancing from ballroom?

Because I found salsa (and merengue and bachata...) more "natural" for me than ballroom. I suppose it's about appealing, just like music genres or artistic styles in general.

Why do I dance salsa?

Because what I feel when dance. I don't know exactly what I feel, but I like it. So impossible to describe, but I'll try.

It's a gentle and smooth flow.

No, not enought to described it, but that was my try.

20. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

Wow... I totally missed this comment :shock:
    Did I say something to inspire such a thing? :oops:
    if there is such a list, it continues to grow because no-one gets to grope on the floor - not my thing.
    I will heat up a dance, but it's dance, not groping.