General Dance Discussion > Why No Ballet Section?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by idanceinuggs, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Kuriin

Kuriin New Member

Hehe, to be honest, I just now noticed it. Hehe.

Just fyi, Breakdancing is a form of Jazz. Jazz originated from Africa and Europe, and Jazz has quite a lot of subcategories: Hiphop, Lyrical, Musical Theatre, Classical, etc.

:p :p :p

2. Medira

Medira New Member

:p

Don't knock it until you try it! ;)

3. devane

devane New Member

Great idea putting up a ballet section.
    Ballet has a lot the teach other styles of dance.
    One of my salsa teachers has ballet training. He has a certain grace you don't get with other dancers.
    I can post up a clip later on if anyone wants to see him dance.

4. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Yes, once we get some more posts going, we'll start assigning moderators, as well as promoting it and giving it a nice design.

5. Medira

Medira New Member

Oooh! Sounds good! *waits for the clip*

I agree with you though. Ballet gives a solid foundation for strength, grace and control over your body that spills over into everything else you do. It's hard, painful and sometimes very tedious, but the benefits far outweigh the difficulty.

6. Medira

Medira New Member

By the way, I'd post over there, but I haven't been activated yet. ...if I'm supposed to receive an e-mail with an activation link, I haven't received that yet either and I registered last night.

7. Lockstep

Lockstep New Member

whats the point of another separate danceforum...DF so little competition it needs to compete with itself...? dislike having to check trillion different forums to keep updated..

8. Medira

Medira New Member

Meh...I find it's just another one to add to the list of 6 forums I already check every day. All I have to say is thank goodness for Firefox and tabs.

9. devane

devane New Member

here is a link. (about 10 MB), It's only about 1 min long.

He is from brazil. She is from Havana.

here's a permenant link (if I can get it to work)
    Right click - save target as (to download)
    http://www.powow.com/devane/vitor.mpg

I have some photos of the video too (in zip file). One on how he turns and another of a certain sequence.

Notice how is back is always straight even in the dips.

The clip is from a seminar where they where learning the moves to Dirty Dancing 2. To be fair, the students here are beginners and are just learning the moves.. The only advanced dancers there are at the back.

I have a clearer version (about 21 MB) if the this one isn't clear but it may not be compatiible with all pc's.

10. devane

devane New Member

11. Medira

Medira New Member

So, DM, when am I going to get my account activated over on the other forums? ;)

12. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Your account should be active now Medira! :D
    (If not, please PM DM)

13. Medira

Medira New Member

SUCCESS!!! :D

Thank you!

14. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Great!

And your welcome! :lol:

15. Kate

Kate New Member

Great forum! People just need to post now. Haha.
    I'd be happy to help in the graphics section.

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Didn't you just recently have dance exams, Kate? How'd it go? 8)

17. Kate

Kate New Member

Hey, you!

Yeah I did, last Wednesday.
    Well, I think they went alrite, but I also think I annoyed her a bit, I kept going to early in a few things when I was meant to wait for the other person to finish. But I'm not a mind reader, despite what people might think, haha. But yeah, they were okay, I hope! *fingers crossed*

I'll get my results after Easter probably, so I'll inform you all of what I got.
    I want to go along with my tradition of getting an A in every dance exam. ;) Worked so far!

How're you?

18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Ah ha! You shouldn't mention these things if you're expecting me to forget. :wink: :lol:

I'm glad things went well. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get (yet another) A. :D

Life is good here. Can't complain. :D

19. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Hmmm. SD went and created a brand new forum for those who wanted it, and they've only got 7 members!
    Perhaps it's time we helped our newest sister forum grow bigger... Thoughts?

Twilight Elena

20. Kuriin

Kuriin New Member

The link doesn't work anymore. :\