General Dance Discussion > Why No Ballet Section?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by idanceinuggs, Feb 12, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea, if some folks from here are willing and able. I'm burned out on forum-building for a while, unfortunately. :?

2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Yep . . . agree . . . I'm burnt out as well . . . the last one we did, C&W, is still very slow, and we only get a few posts on ballet.

However, I do think that if we do decide "to grow" even further, we should drop the partner dance thing and allow non-pa . . . ., um, uh . . . I can't say it. Will you finish it for me?

3. pygmalion

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nope. I hate to say it, but you're on your own this time. :wink: :lol:

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

What were we talking about?

I plead senility . . . :?

5. pygmalion

lol I have no idea. :lol:

6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Problem noted. We're working on getting it back up ASAP.

7. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Thanks! :D I'm very willing to work on building the other site, but right now I'm just drowning in exams, exams, exams... :shock: :shock:

Twilight Elena

8. Maleballetwannabe

Maleballetwannabe New Member

ballet

Hey guys,

Am totally new to this forum and indeed any forum. Do you include discussions on ballet? How do i start a new post?

Am really into ballet, from london and love Edward Watson and Steven McRae.

9. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Check sister forum http://www.danceforums.net/ for non partner dancing.:)

10. QPO

QPO New Member

Welcome to DF Idanceinuggs.....must be very hard to dance in UGGS ;-)

11. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

i have a question for all of you non partner dancers - do you read those main dance forums threads ???? :rolleyes:

I am sorry, but i think that is very stupid to post a questions like "why no ballet section" "why not jazz, tap ..........."

it is a partner dancing forum - which you can see from ballroom dancing thread, salsa thread, swing, AT threads .......

there are another forums for other types od dances - leave this one to partner dancing dances.

12. Bella

Bella New Member

....no I don't think it was stupid. He just needed to be directed to the appropriate forum and wooh did that nicely. :)

13. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Be nice Malakawa. :)

15. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

Let's try to be a little more understanding of newbies. The majority of threads may be for partner dancing, but the site is Dance Forums and not Partner Dance Forums (hmmm...I wonder if we could get the domain partnerdanceforums.com, too... ;) ). Newbies understandably do come here looking for all sorts of dance styles. As Bella said, they just need to be sent to the right place. :)

16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

anyone can ask any question they wish here and we won't be characterizing their question as stupid...lots of folks come on here and post before they have had a thorough look around at either the guidelines or the format of things...the site endeavors to exercise a patience and a tone that makes it a safe places for folks who are innocently looking for info...my apologies to the poster for any inhospitality that was shown here...not only might you find our sister site more helpful but please feel free to make any inquiries here that you feel you need to make

17. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Actually, in any case, when this thread popped back up, the thought occurred to me that ballet does not always entirely fail to be a partner dance.

18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

true ....and is a great foundation for partner dance as well

19. steppinout

steppinout New Member

Well if you want people to cast votes for more sections, I'll cast some for ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, and clogging.

20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

We have most of those over on our sister site danceforums.net, steppinout.