General Dance Discussion > Wish Me Luck!

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by love2swing, Aug 24, 2004.

1. love2swing

love2swing New Member

I just turned in an application to be an instructor at the studio I currently attend. They have a couple instructors leaving them in the next few weeks, so they are in need of some additional help. I get along really well with all the staff and the students there, so that's a big plus. Also, a staff member that I am friends with said the studio owner's wife was excited when I came to talk to her about it. And, as I was leaving today the owner of the studio said he saw my application and that he would set up a time for us to talk! Yay! I know I haven't been dancing for that long, but it's at a franchised studio and they have a good (and long) training program. I'm very excited about (hopefully) learning much more about dancing and (hopefully!) teaching other people as well. Just wanted to post since I was so excited! Wish me luck!

2. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Congrats and best of luck to you! :cheers:

SG

3. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Yeah, I hope it works out for you.

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Good luck L2S... and make sure to keep us updated!

(Enquiring minds and all ya' know... :wink:)

5. love2swing

love2swing New Member

Will do!

6. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you !

though not too long, for that is really slowing down my typing...

Actually, I'm just going to wish you luck ;)

7. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Good luck! Keep us posted!

8. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Good Luck!!! :)

9. Sabor

Sabor New Member

Luck Good! ... inverted :p

10. Danish Guy

Danish Guy New Member

Good Luck!!! :banana:

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Best of luck, love2swing. :banana:

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for you. Hope you get it!! FYI teaching group classes isn't easy.

13. love2swing

love2swing New Member

Well, I had my first day of "unofficial" training today! The studio owner and his wife are usually the ones that do all the training, but their mother is having some health problems right now, so they are busy attending to that. They said they would get to training me soon, but that it would be a couple weeks since things are so hectic for him right now. Anyway, one of the other instructors talked with the owner and decided that he would start training me a little bit, so I could get used to leading, etc. Just posting for the EM out there. :D

14. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the update... although I do feel bad for all those who've been keeping their fingers crossed until we heard back! :shock: :wink: :lol:

15. love2swing

love2swing New Member

Hopefully they have someone or something that can help them with the cramping!

16. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Congratulations love2swing, :D

Hope that it works out well for you.

17. Asiatias

Asiatias New Member

How is your training going...

The first year I started as an instructor...I had to stay on top of everyone to get my training....other instructors would know if they were hanging around ....and not busy, I would take advantage of it! It was like pulling teeth. :roll:

18. love2swing

love2swing New Member

Wow! I missed this post until now. Anyway, my training has been going pretty well. I'm learning lots of technique and leading things. It has just basically been me working with a few of the instructors off and on since the owner of the studio wanted to find one other person to hire and wanted to wait with the intense training until the other person and I could work together. Well, I guess he found someone now and we should start actual training together in the next week or so. I'm really excited.

And I already know I'm going to be like you...if there's an instructor hanging around that's not busy, you can bet I'm going to snatch him or her up and we'll be working on my training. :D