General Dance Discussion > Wish Us Luck

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Dec 16, 2004.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

My wife and I are going to perform at the annual Toys for Tots fundraiser here in Atlanta. There are going to be 1600 people there. We are doing a Tango and a Swing. We are going on about 9:15 PM (in about 2 hours).

Think good thoughts and send us some good vibes, okay? 8)

I am already visualizing success. :D

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Good vibes coming your way, DM. :D

3. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

Good luck and break a leg!! :D

4. Pacion

Pacion New Member

1600? No problem. Just 18,400 short of where DF was this time last year in terms of posts. :wink:

Good luck to you both! If you have borrowed any salsa moves for your routines, I hope someone lets us know :wink: :D

5. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Best of luck to you, DM. I know you will do well. :D

6. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

Good luck and best wishes! Make sure to video type it and post it online! :D

7. Patapouf

Patapouf New Member

Good luck to you DM! And when's it going to be?? Perhaps I would go and give you some support! :wink: Afterall, it's only about 3 hrs drive from here to Atlanta! :D

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Stop cheating and doing swear words in other languages!!

Good luck DM. Good vibes your way. As I dance salsa my spirit will join yours and together two will become three and more.

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

So, you should be done by now since it's almost 10:00pm your time DM... how did it go? Great I'm sure. :D

11. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Hi everybody. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Everything went great. We were the opening act. We did the Tango with that song from Shall We Dance by Gotan Project. It went close to perfect. Then we did a swing to that Bette Midler song Stuff Like That There. There were a few minor mistakes, but I doubt anyone noticed. We pulled both of our acobatic moves well (an assisted jump and a flip). I think no routine ever goes completely perfect, but that is part of the challenge. It was a lot of fun, and for a good cause too. :D

12. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

Great work there DM. That tango song is what I am doing my latest showcase routine to. Fabulously strong tango!!

No performance ever goes perfectly, but as long as you were both happy with it, nothing else matters!
    8)

13. love2swing

love2swing New Member

Excellent! Glad to hear everything went well.

14. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Great! I am glad for you!

15. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I too am glad to hear that everything went well for you Mentor. :D 8)

16. pygmalion

Sounds great. Congrats, DM. :D

17. tacad

tacad New Member

In Spanish it is spelled with an i. Is that French?

18. IvyAB

IvyAB Member

Merde is French for sh*t. It's what ballet dancers say for good luck, you don't really want to tell a dancer to break a leg.

Congratulations!

19. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Congratulations and many good vibes coming your way, I'll be on a dance floor tonight too!! :wink:

20. pygmalion

Quite a cool saying/custom, I think. 8)